What's new

Is it safe/wise to stack Blu-Ray players? (1 Viewer)

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
I've just bought a region-free Blu-Ray player. Yay! But I don't have any more shelf space available on my audio rack. I do have room, though, to place one Blu-Ray player on top of another (or on top of a DVD player). Is this a safe thing to do? The players don't seem to give off much heat, so I'd think it's OK. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
There should be no issues with stacking two players. I have been doing it for many years in my equipment rack with no problems. Usually the only device in your rack that can generate enough heat to be an issue is the receiver, as the amps can put out quite a bit of heat, depending on the model.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
Scott Merryfield said:
Usually the only device in your rack that can generate enough heat to be an issue is the receiver, as the amps can put out quite a bit of heat, depending on the model.
Can't agree with this. I have several devices that get plenty hot enough to warrant concern: Dish DVR AppleTV (1st gen) Roku Video Player Basically, if the devices don't get warm to the touch, you should be fine. If something gets warm, but not hot, make sure it has decent airflow available and you should be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks