What's new

Is it okay to crush vitamins and mix with apple sauce? (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have a normal diet? Working people, if they're lucky, can usually manage a good dinner and a so-so lunch.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

Unfortunately, a normal vegetable & fruit portion for many Americans consists of the ketchup that they put on their large order of french fries. The majority of Americans that I know should be supplementing their crappy diet with vitamin & mineral supplements, or better yet eat more vegetables, salads & fruits.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That's exactly what i'm trying to do.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

You know what commercial I find sad? The Dunkin' Donuts commercials, specificallly their tagline "America Runs On Dunkin'"

I shake my head everytime I see it.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

You're spot on Jay. That is the sad truth. I try my best to eat more vegetables and fruit, but it is not always that easy so I take multi-vitamin and have taken some doctor recommended supplements in the past.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Speaking as someone who would count fries and catsup as TWO veggies, where did you all get your nutrition training?
If it was possible to make up for a lack of fresh fruits and fresh veggies in pill form, I'd already know about it.
I don't eat salad, that's just for starters. Had my first slice of avacado Sunday evening at the encouragement of a friend. Found it to be rather bland with a fairly slimy texture.
Put hot sauce on it? There's something else that will never happen.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but do you know what that slogan really means? Because it sounds like you're interpreting it wrong.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

From literally dozens of seminars and classes on nutrition over the past 15 years.

I was trying to point out that french fries are an unhealthy form of a vegetable and processed ketchup is not the greatest way to prepare the tomato which is a fruit. Not to mention the salt contained in both and the cooking oil that's soaked into the french fries.

Yet for many people that I know, french fries & ketchup may be their only form of vegetable and fruit for a meal. So for those who don't manage to consume enough fresh vegetables, salads and fruits a vitamin supplement will be beneficial.

Of course fresh fruits & vegetables contain more beneficial ingredients than just vitamins. I'd rather not go into trade names but there are numerous companies that go to great lengths to prepare pill or other forms of dehydrated fruits and vegetables with great success.

troy evans

Screenwriter
I thought they were specifically pushing their line of drinks and coffee products. Not so much the donuts. The ad is pretty much all inclusive even though.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The campaign is basically an anti-Starbucks campaign.

Starbucks culture is to come in and relax...stay a while, while you sip your drink in their 'living room' type setting.

Dunkin' Donuts isn't like that. They are marketing toward the typical American who is always on the "Run"...the one who doesn't "have time to waste in fancy coffee shops". - They run in; get their coffee and run out.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I don't have to use smileys for you to grok I was kidding about catsup & fries...oh never mind.

How about a PM on the best place to get these pills. Who knows, you might add weeks or months to my life span.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
^^ I'm not sure if One-A-Day makes gel caps (or time released pills), but I would imagine that's what they'd be talking about.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Mark, you have now experienced a phenomena, common to those outside of New England, which causes people to foolishly believe a place named "Dunkin' Donuts" is best known for selling donuts. We here in DD land know their donuts are pretty much an afterthought . . . it's the coffee that really sells. Matter of fact, donuts are now 4th on the list, after coffee, bagels and sandwiches.

Yep, "America Runs on Dunkin'" is all about the bean (and the caffeine).

Period.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
That's why their stores are bright, shiny, and plasticy. People who visit DnD are 'on a mission' to get buzzed and get out as quick as possible.

In fact, here's an ironic story: The DnD I usually visit on the weekends always has their drive-through backed up at least a dozen cars deep. I always park, run inside, and am out before 3 cars get through. I laugh because people don't have time to get out of their cars, yet they'll spend it sitting in line??

I mean, I'm as lazy as they come, but even I'm not so lazy that I can't get out of my car and walk 10 feet inside!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks