What's new

Is it normal on a plasma to see green and blue dots all over when close to the screen? If i get a te (1 Viewer)

smackjack23

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle Pickels
Have an lg60pa6500 tv but it is also happening on my parents plasma and not on an lcd tv. When up close to the tv u can see blue and green dots on the picture more noticeable on the dark scenes but they are there. I phoned lg support and they told me they wanted a picture of whats going on which would be impossible to capture. I have read various things as it can be a defect in the voltage of the tv or you just need to have the right settings to its normal.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Couple of things...
How close are you to notice? Could be the dithering, which helps with shadow detail...all plasma do it, just on the "not as dark as everything else"(LG infinia/PannyGT-VT) as you just can't see it doing it.
If you are sitting on your couch 6-10 feet away and can tell...
1. Change your HDMI for one with a more secure connection...
2. Try a power conditioner...
3. Yours might be part of the LG "we screwed some up"...

smackjack22

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle
Well it is bothersome as i like to sit up close the tv when playing games etc and it can be quite noticeable.I would pay to get it fixed if it's possible but i don't know if that requires getting it fully calibrated and still possibly having the same issue.It's quite an annoying flaw for me if it's with all plasmas if u sit close up to the tv.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If you could, pause the TV when it is doing it "badly" and snap a picture of it. If the "sparkles" show in a picture(there is a picture of a badly sparkly set over on Whirlpools "help me" section)....then it is bad. If they don't show in a picture...next time purchase a plasma with a darker black level...
In particular, that model of LG is "notorious" for sparkling...so it isn't just you. You might call LG and see if there is a remedy...

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
smackjack23 said:
as i like to sit up close the tv when playing games etc and it can be quite noticeable.
Again - how close are we talking here?

Have you adjusted any of the image settings of the display or is this still "out of the box" settings? Have you fiddled with any of the picture settings to try and make the artifacts go away (i.e. reducing contrast and brightness, try a different picture "mode"?)

Does this happen regardless of the source (cable/satellite and game system).

Have you tried Sam's suggestion of a different HDMI cable, or at least making sure the current cable is securely connected at both ends?

To say, "There's a problem, can it be fixed?" isn't enough for anyone to go on.

smackjack22

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle
Jason Charlton said:
Again - how close are we talking here?
Have you adjusted any of the image settings of the display or is this still "out of the box" settings?  Have you fiddled with any of the picture settings to try and make the artifacts go away (i.e. reducing contrast and brightness, try a different picture "mode"?)
Does this happen regardless of the source (cable/satellite and game system).
Have you tried Sam's suggestion of a different HDMI cable, or at least making sure the current cable is securely connected at both ends?
To say, "There's a problem, can it be fixed?" isn't enough for anyone to go on.
1.Yes i have adjusted with the picture settings.If i make the brightness to dark the picture can look to dark and even making the brightness dark it can still be visible
2.It happens regardless of the source on different hdmi inputs and different cables'
3.We are talking 5 feet or closer but i like to sit up close to the tv while playing games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks