What's new

Is it Fast Hamburger Fraud?? (1 Viewer)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Not too long ago I read that sales @ McDonalds have dropped every month for the past 24 months, I can only assume thats because people have figured out that their food isn't very good. I used to live off of fast food but as of late I've cut back. Even when I'm in the market for a quick bite unless they have something on sale like .99 double cheesburgers McDonalds is the last place that I'll stop. Every other fast food joint in town (Burger King, Wendys, Rallys, Taco Bell, etc....) has better food.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I think we should start calling fast food places take your sweet-ass time to make my food places. I had a craving for a giant burrito last night after work and stopped at Taco Bell. Once you are in the drive-thru at the Taco Bell I went to, you are stuck. There's no way to get out...even if you needed to. I was 4th in line and it took those nozzelheads 35 minutes to service the 3 people in front of me then an additional 5 or 6 minutes to get my order filled.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Mark, I understand getting used to Mickey D's (as I said) but once I had what I consider to be real burgers, I could never go back even if I wanted to! It's like I grew up with Pan and Scan, fine, but once I saw Widescreen (OAR) I could never go back. :D

Plus I think McD's burgers are just...gross tasting. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, in a lot of places McDonald's is usually the only choice for a fast food burger. We aren't all so fortunate to live down the street from a Fat Burger, Fuddruckers, or whatever. Sometimes it's McD's or nothing, so you have to decide if nothing is better than McD's if you're craving a fast food burger.

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
I have found McDonalds to be the best at getting the correct order, but KFC messes up my order all the time and they gave you cold semi solid gravy.

E

Eric Kahn

I still eat at mcdonalds, especially when they have mcribs
otherwise it is mcchicken with ketchup only
I used to love their shakes, but when they went to the low fat crap years ago, I could not stand them anymore
if they are making real ones agian, I might have to get one and try it

Brenton

Screenwriter
I think that the burger they give you looks like they took the burger from the ads and SAT ON IT. And I'm always surprised at how small they are. The commercials make them look like they tower over you, but there are very few McDonald's burgers that take me longer than a few seconds to eat.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I would only eat at Peter's Drive-In, if there were more than 1 and it wasn't an hour and a half drive to get there. However their burgers and milkshakes are supreme and cheap.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
Do they still give you a patty and a half on the single?

I'm not a huge fan of McDonalds, since most of their burgers are usually not much more than beef on a bun. I used to only go a few times a year (which was easier then since I lived in a small town that didn't have a McDonalds). I go too often now though since it's within walking distance, and they have, by far, the best fries out of any of the major fast food chains.

I much prefer Wendy's, but the 4 minute walk or drive thru on the way from work usually beats out the 15-20 minute drive to find a Wendy's (I could get to 4 other McDonalds in that time).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
but once I had what I consider to be real burgers, I could never go back even if I wanted to! It's like I grew up with Pan and Scan, fine, but once I saw Widescreen (OAR) I could never go back.
I don't think it's fair to compare McDonalds burgers that way. I totally realize that I can get a "Better" burger out there, but who says I can't crave something that is a 'lesser' product? My Italian mom makes INCREDIBLE sauce, but I still crave "Chef - Boyardee" every now and then.

And the Pan & Scan vs. Widescreen OAR video is COMPLETELY different...we're talking about what people like to eat which can't be rationalized the same way that video ratios can be. There is no rational why people like or dislike different types of foods.

Just because Ghirardelli chocolate is much better than Hersheys does it mean I shouldn't like Hersheys anymore? Or just because Filet Mignon is better than Sirloin does it mean that people shouldn't order Sirloin anymore?

So I don't think that arguing the fact that there are better places to get a burger is a sound statement against McDonalds.

IMHO

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They had no idea how to respond.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes they did. You just didn't see them do it.
exactly why i never complain at a "fast food or regular resterant.

i will only if the food is totally un eatable or the wrong order.

i would never ever tell an eatery that the food tastes bad or is cooked wrong because i just don't trust what i would get back.

i would rather not eat the food at all then not go back to the place and write a letter telling them why i wopuldnt go there again.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Why do people even go to McDonald's anymore? I mean yeah when I was a kid I was suckered by their Happy Meal gig and forced my parents to go. But once I went to college and had a taste of In-n-Out and Fatburger (and the Apple Pan but that's a one-off that isn't available outside of Los Angeles) I have NEVER gone back. Ever.
Some of us don't have any good, fast-food burger places. I've never been to an In-n-Out or a Fatburger. I've got:

Burger King: They won't give me a water. They won't even sell me a cup full of water for a quarter. No, they want me to buy their $1.19 bottled water. Water is my drink of choice - I don't like soda - and I'm not paying $1.19 for something that I can get out of the tap for free. I don't mind paying a quarter for the cup, but they won't even let me do that. Before this asinine policy went into place, I frequented BK. Besides that, the employees are grumpy.

Wendys: Tastes great. Too bad they can't cook a burger. Over a ~2 week period, I went to Wendys nearly 10 times - that's almost every day. Every single time, I ordered two Jr. Bacon cheesebugers with no mayonnaise. Every single time, they had mayonnaise smothered all over them. Screw putting up with that.

Carl's Jr: It's just a Burger King with stupid names for their bugers. Reading their menu, I have no idea what I want to order. They don't have "bacon double cheeseburger", they have "Starburger", "Starburger deluxe", "Western Star", etc. I graduated from Kindergarten a long, long time ago, and I don't get excited when I think about happy little stars. It's not unique, it's annoying. On the few occasions where I have eaten there, the employees have been surly and the food has been so-so.

Taco Bell: (shudder) What happened to the "puke" smiley?

KFC: I like their food, but the KFCs here are nasty. Floors covered in filth. Flies everywhere. And it's not isolated to one location - we have three and they're all like this. KFC scares the hell out of me.

Arbys: I enjoy Arbys. They don't sell burgers, and they're a little spendy, but when I'm not in the mood for a burger Arbys can often fill the void in my stomach just fine.

Jack in the Box: Good food, generally inexpensive. But there was the e-coli scare awhile back, and the last time I ate there my burgers tasted a little undercooked, so I've stayed away for some time. I may have to give them another try, though.

McDonalds: Excellent fries. So-so burgers. But their prices are great and their employees are nearly always in a great mood. They smile. They make eye contact. They can count change. They rarely screw my orders up, and when they do, they actually apologize and pretend to care that they've inconvenienced me.

So that's why I eat at McD's - I have issues with the rest of the fast food joints around here. I have generally resorted to buying real burgers from actual restaurants when I'm tired of McDonalds. Applebees makes a great bacon cheeseburger. But it's $8 and I have to call the order in and drive across town to get one.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
exactly why i never complain at a "fast food or regular resterant.
I've never had a problem (that I know of) with employees screwing with my food, and I don't hesitate to complain if something isn't right. But I am very nice to the employees. Even if I want to wring their little necks, I smile, say please and thank you, and use a polite tone of voice.

I DO tear my burger apart and check it from head to toe if I've had to complain about it, just to be sure. I can tell you one thing, if I ever found that an employee had spit in my burger or otherwise did something nasty to it, I would have their head on a platter and would most certainly file a lawsuit against the employee and/or the restaurant (depending on how the restaurant owners handled it and their history with these sorts of things).

Devin U

Second Unit
Not too long ago I read that sales @ McDonalds have dropped every month for the past 24 months
It because every sandwich, especialy .99 chicken sandwiches are all mayo and lettuce. They Remind me of that SNL skit awhile back about the new menu item at KFC, Lettuce and mayo in a bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks