What's new

Is anyone still playing METROID PRIME (1 Viewer)

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
I hate you guys sometimes... ;) I can't really afford to be buying any new games right now but thanks to this and other threads I've bought Resident Evil 0, Metroid, Eternal Darkness and now pre-ordered Zelda... You guys need to HELP with my lack of self control - Not Encourage It ;)

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Just finished beating Meta Ridley. Was left with only 18 on the health meter with zero energy tanks. He was tough but I think Omega Pirate was tougher. Will take a break and resume tomorrow. :)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Meta Ridley is piece of cake compared to Omega Pirate. Though the Metroid Prime is a pain in the butt in it's first form if you don't get the timing down right

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Best trick on Metroid Prime, especially on easy, if missile combos. Flamethrowes is almost worthless, but Super Missiles, Wavebuster, and Ice Spreader are devastating. Second form is a cinch after you figure the pattern out.

I'd say toughest boss first time was Meta Ridley. On hard I had discovered the usefulness of the wavebuster, and with 250 missiles, his ground form was a piece of cake. Just slaughtered him. On normal before I saw how powerful the wavebuster was, I had abotu 10 energy left, and that was taking almost no damage against his aerial form.

Omega Pirate I never found that tough to be honest. Used charged plasma shots on normal and hard to shatter his armor, killed one or two of the super pirates if I had time, but mostly I just ignored them, then used super missiles on his invisible (X-ray view only) form. Took four super missiles on normal 8 or 9 on hard. Again, tricky at first, but plasma has infinite charge, does lots of damage, and isn't hard to hit with. Once you get down the pattern of his attacks, I beat him on hard with 2/3+ of my health left.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
I just beat the Omega Pirate last night after 4 tries. Fortunately that save station was only 1 minute away from his room. Of course that damn plant took me about 4 tries too and I had to climb that tree every time.:angry: My map is telling me that all that's left in the main mission is to collect the rest of the artifacts.
Here's a question: Is there another gun after the Plasma gun and another visor after the X-Ray? Looking at the HUD it seems that there is room for one more of each.

John Royster

Screenwriter
You can fill your inventory with four guns and four missle combos.
Anyone still playing metroid prime? I just popped got back into it on hard. Man what an awesome game, it just never gets old for me. The sound, the music, the spookyness, the challenge, the control. :)

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
It's interesting, but I find once you figure out HOW to beat the boss it becomes much easier. Which is kind of a 'duh' moment, but executing that can be rather difficult :p).

Omega Pirate was mopping the floor with me until I figured out my strategy for him, then I lost something ridiculous like four energy tanks total facing him.

Even better was the final boss, who I finally beat after losing a whopping two energy tanks once I figured out its/her/his technique.

I beat this just a couple weeks back, but I plan to revisit it later when I have some time. Right now playing through Ocarina of Time for the first time is sucking away my recreational hours.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

I'm embarrassed to say that it took me 9 tries to do this and I finally beat it tonight. I realized I was inadvetently holding down the R button at times and it was preventing me from strafing.

Pretty sad, huh. On to Magmoor.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Well, it took me 6 tries to beat the Omega Pirate. I don't think that's too shabby considering how much trouble others seem to have had with it.

Now I'm into the final stretch of the game. And once I'm done, onto Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks