What's new

Is anyone having problems with Amazon.com? (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
During the last week of March I ordered the Anime Series Neon Genesis: Evangelion from amazon.com. I was told it would be delivered by April 7. Then I was notified this was changed to April 15, then May 16, and then May 29!:eek: (I have since Cancelled the Order and re-ordered it thrugh someone else.) I could not get an answer why they were dragging their heels on this series, and I have to ask, Has anyone else had these kind of problems with them?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
No, but i have not ordered any anime from them in a long time. I have been getting the $35 Trek sets from them. One i paired up with something else in July (for the free shipping) is being shipped right now.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Regulus,

No, I haven't had any problems, and I ordered (and received) a few DVDs from them recently. Maybe it's just this particular title?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
William,

I also haven't had any problems using Amazon during the last 4 years. But like Rick, I haven't ordered any animated series in a while. On the whole, I've had good results at Amazon with quick deliveries (using the free shipping for almost all of my orders), excellent Cust Svc, and what I consider to be a top-rated "exchange defective DVD sets" portion of their svc. I've returned a couple of defective (mostly the earlier Universal DVD-18's) sets when my purchase date was over 90 days outside of the 30-day return window.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I have sent a letter to Amazon expressing my dismay. I told them I do not mind waiting for a Set if its a Pre-Order. However, Experiencing constant delays when something is "Out of Stock" is unexcusable, especially when someone else has the set in stock. (Did the company that put out the Series stop making it (Or go out of business) or is there a legitimate reason for this delay?) There is nothing more annoying than waiting week after week, hoping this is the week they announce the product you ordered has been sent, only to be informed there's another delay. (Or even worse, getting a word your order has been cancelled!) As I said I have sent them correspondance, If they fail to address this, I will lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't had a single problem with Amazon in the 6 or so years I've been ordering from them. We're talking hundreds of transactions. Clearly they had a problem getting copies of your set, but I doubt it was their fault.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

The only way i would feel the way you do, the only thing that would make me mad, is if they charged me for items not shipped. Amazon doesnt do that. If they show something as out of stock, and stuff doesnt come in, its not their fault. As long as your not being charged, i dont see why your blaming Amazon. Sorry to say your theory of someone else having stock doesnt wash either. Maybe they just have old stock? You might already know the anime companies (like ADV) have been having financial trouble, that might be the culprit.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes

That probably explains this F.U.B.A.R. I was able to find this series (Plus another one that I was having trouble ordering from BEST BUY from another source. (It's coating me about $12.00 More). IMO Neither Company should have put these on sale knowing they would be unable to meet the demand for them. I Forgive them. but I'm sure someone in their Sale's department is going to get FLAMED! :laugh: (Not by me!)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen

Seems a little past extreme on your part.

Cancel the order and move on.

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Yes, I recently had weird reporting from them. Purchased a brand new Star Trek final season 3 on April 7 2008, with a promo for free shipping. And it was from Amazon.com themselves - not a different seller using their site.

A few days later, like on April 10th, I was looking at my account and that order. It said that it would be shipped May 1st 2008 with an estimated arrival of May 15th-May18th. I was pissed.

Then I got the DVD season around April 19th. Huh? Oh well, I was happy about that. Past orders with them have sailed through nicely. So their computerized shipping appears to have a glitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks