What's new

Is an SVS PB10 worth $280 more than 12in Dayton? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
"SVS maybe overkill for your application." O.o

Have you ever played Star Wars Battlefront with an SVS? LOL! The grenades sound like someones bombing your house! :-D

Rob White

Stunt Coordinator
Great News!!

WAF has brought me away from a 12in. budget Dayton and away from even the SVS PB10. And to........{drumroll......} the SVS 25-31 PCI cylinder subwoofer. I never even mentioned it to my wife because I thought she's think it was crazy looking. But she likes the idea that it will be in a corner and behind a chair. Wow. I'm pumped. The bad news is that it's more money ($549 before shipping). The original money was coming from money I got for Christmas. So we're going to pull the extra out of "our" money. Good compromise. I wish I'd involved her earlier in the process. I wasted a bunch of time looking at non-cylinders. Now I'm psyched though. Hopefully, I can grab a B-stock and save $50.

Thanks,
Rob

p.s. If you have any thoughts for or against the 25-31, please let me know.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
That was the first SVS I had.....it is my favorite sub that they make :) You're going to love it, bro.

PS. Your wife have any single sisters?? :b

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Rob,

With the SVS you're gonna experience Bass like never before. As a result you're gonna want to watch more movies and play more games. Just be careful not to terrorize your 3-year old and neighbors. ;)

Rob White

Stunt Coordinator
So my Onkyo 502 will be able to do a good enough job with it? It's not like you need a monster receiver, right? The Onkyo is 75 watts I believe.

Thanks,
Rob

MichaelPR

Second Unit
The subwoofer has it's own amp built in so your onkyo just decodes and sends the signal to the subwoofer.

Rob White

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Michael,

I'm a teacher and so I appreciate that fact that you handled my question well when you might have been tempted to say "You idiot, don't you know what the hell you're buying!" Thanks.

Hopefully that will be my last stupid question in this thread.... but I can't make any promises.

Rob

MichaelPR

Second Unit
I too am also a teacher! So i tend to have patience as I deal with 12 year olds from the Bronx all day.

Ron Temple

Stunt Coordinator
As someone who in less than a year went from an Onkyo htib sub to a Velodyne DPS 10, a Klipsch Sub10, 2 Cadence XSubs and finally a SVS PC20-39+, I can say...

all of these products are quality, each bringing something to the table.

The SVS is the table. I didn't lose any money on these swap-outs,but I could have easily. I tried to avoid spending more than I needed, but wanted more than each of these subs offered after hearing a PB10. The OP is going to be thrilled with th 25-31 and Tim, you're going to be more than astounded by the PB10.

Tim Holyoke

Second Unit
Pardon my ignorance (or stupidity ;)), but with some of these higher end subs (or the lower end ones for that matter), do you need to run them through anything extra other than a receiver? Thanks.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
No not at all. Most of these POWERED subs have the amplifier already built in. They dont receive their power from the receiver they receive it from their own independent amp which is plugged into an outlet and also built into the sub. A PASSIVE sub on the other hand requires you to have an amp external of the sub and independent of the receiver.

John_RO

Stunt Coordinator
PB-10 or 25-31. Either way you cant go wrong with the SVS. I call my 25-31 the "baby boomer."

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
You sir have made a very wise decission that you will be very happy with (and so will your wife) for many years. Welcome to the world of real movie life at home...
MikeL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks