1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Irwin Allen Giftset - incomplete?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Harry-N, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Harry-N

Harry-N Well-Known Member

Harry N.
    I just saw this listed on Amazon.com scheduled for 10/23/07:

http://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Allen-Gi.../dp/B000W8L55Y

It appears to be a package of everything up to and including the 10/23/07 release of Season 3, Volume 2 of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA.

While I don't really care if they package it all together, it worries me that Season 4 of VOYAGE isn't included. I realize that it's not out yet, nor even announced, and that's a bit troublesome. Have the sale of these sets been so poor that they're now throwing them all together to try to eek out a few more sales? Is it possible that Season 4 of VOYAGE will somehow miss out on a release? Did the LAND OF THE GIANTS megaset pricing sour the market for anything Irwin Allen related?

I'm just asking - and have no answers nor definitive info, and I don't wish to spread unfounded rumors. Hopefully someone here will have better information.

Harry

2. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I imagine that is something amazon slapped together which they do often, it is not an official complete set, just everything that amazon thought proper to put together.

3. Harry-N

Harry N.
    That thought just occured to me since this "set" doesn't appear to be listed anywhere else.

Harry

4. DeWilson

DeWilson Well-Known Member

Denny
    Not a bad price overall,and it's free shipping!

5. Harry-N

Harry N.

Actually, it's a really good deal. If you consider that each of the half-season sets generally go for around $30, they add up to $360. Add in $40 for the first full season of LOST IN SPACE and you've gotten to the $400 price right there. That makes the LAND OF THE GIANTS SET TOTALLY FREE!

Considered another way: If the LAND OF THE GIANTS set retails for around $200, then you're getting each of the other sets for around $15 each.

One other view: The one-day sale price on LAND OF THE GIANTS was $100. So if that orice were in effect here, that would mean that all of the other sets would be on sale for $23. Again not a bad sale at all!

Harry

6. Richard_Gregory

Richard_Gregory Well-Known Member

It's an Amazon thing, one of those weird "sets" they bung together now and then. They are also exclusively selling a "set" that consists of the six half-seasons of Voyage that will be "released" on the 23rd of this month, same day as the S3V2 of that series.

It;s just a repackaging exercise.

If the sales had been poor, Fox wouldn't have gone past season one.

Indeed, I suspect the sales were better than expected, which is what prompted the premium Giants set.

It's a shame that my favourite show - Voyage - is taking the longest. It's gonna take over two years to get four seasons!

7. Corey3rd

Corey3rd Well-Known Member

seems like around the holiday times, you'll find a Fox boxset sale. BJs had one with the sets for about $13 a pop. And there's a coupon in the Lost World DVD that gives you $20 off buying any 3 Irwin Allen season sets.

8. Richard_Gregory

Richard_Gregory Well-Known Member

There was one of those in the Land of the Giants sets also.