What's new

Ironside SEASON 3 (1 Viewer)

BobSchneider

Second Unit
LOL cool, remember the old Chicago election day motto , vote earlier and often
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I like Ironside but I'd rather Shout releases those shows that we aren't already getting releases on in Australia.

BobSchneider

Second Unit

Yes Id like to see more adam 12, but Ive got zero interesting in rhoda, Clinton shill women oops designing women, etc... most aging comedy shows that hold up poorly. Ironside my 1st choice, adam 12 second.;)

jim_falconer

Screenwriter

I'd love to see more Ironside released, but I had to vote for Adam 12. There was never a better cop show...EVER!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Well, Mr. Ward has now retracted his earlier comments on the Shout! board and said that they in fact do still have the license to do more "Ironside" and that the Mill Creek arrangement is in fact just a dumping of surplus material. What that alas means, is that the ability to see more releases from S3 on in R1 format is still held hostage by a company that hasn't treated it properly.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
As much as I'd like to see Shout release S3 I realize its a long shot.

I enjoyed the first two volumes immensely and thought Shout did a good job on them. Unfortunately the sales just weren't there. Mr. Ward has said this repeatedly and I take him for his word on this. I really can't fault Shout for not moving forward on this; they need to make money just like any other company.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If they aren't going to do anything with the license then they should sell it off outright to another company and not play this stupid game of sublicensing the surplus material they were incapable of properly marketing themselves, and leaving a phony fig leaf of hope for the fanbase, especially after the misinformation of the previous year when twice we got reassurances that the title wasn't abandoned (long after the sales figures could be taken into account) and then suddenly two months later we were told the situation was too dire to release any more (and yet they will gladly give Peyton Place a second release before they have one scrap of sales data on a first release; go figure).

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
The fourth season just arrived earlier this week from the land down under. I have watched three episodes so far and the quality is quite good overall - the image appears to be sharper than previous seasons. Glad I have an all region player as I am really enjoying this series. The episode " The Hollow Dreams Of Empty Men" starring Joseph Campanella as a friend of Ironside dealing with a drug addiction withdrawal when both are stranded in a cabin during a snowstorm. Campanella should have won an Emmy. What a difference compared to what is churned out today.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Yes I got mine about month ago but on disk 3 my el cheapo philips region free player took a plotz and wont boot up anything (r1 or anything else

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
But notice how underneath the description it talks about "Season TWO" guest stars?

I've been jerked around one too many times by Shout! over the last two years regarding this title to instinctively trust them on this. More proof needs to be forthcoming.

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
***Edit: Site now shows cover art - matches Seasons 1 & 2 but it's green.

Jack P, I saw that too, but I think it's a typo. Shatner and DeForrest Kelley didn't guest in Season 2. I too would like some firm confirmation, but this surprised me to much I wanted to post it.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If that is a typo, that's good to know.

If this is a DVD burn thing, I'd also want to know if are we going to get packaging that can be consistent with S1-2 releases? These are not idle questions, I'd have to feel that even as a DVD burn thing those of us who need an incentive to go the non-boot route or get rid of our boots if we have them should have the sense that there's a higher quality of presentation being made ultimately to justify the price.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Plus how much do they charge for S&H? They should have free S&H over $25 like Amazon. I would have to compare the final price to the region 4 season 3 from Australia to determine which I will order.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
The "Online Exclusive" tag may not mean burn on demand, but that for some reason they're not selling it in B&M stores.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
There are also now listings for the next seasons of My Two Dads, Mr Belvedere & Room 222. I hope these are not DVD-Rs and only online exclusives. I guess this means no special features for these titles.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Originally Posted by jamoon2006

***Edit: Site now shows cover art - matches Seasons 1 & 2 but it's green.
Which was also the color of the R4 release from Madman Entertainment.

I'll not complain if this is the only way the releases will continue.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I bought season 3 (and 4) from Australia a long time ago. But it's a nice surprise for those people still only living in an R1 universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks