What's new

Iron Man (New Line sets 2005 release date) (1 Viewer)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I can't wondering that part of the reason they're considering Leo is that he's so skinny that he'd look less bulky in a suit of armor...

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I'd sooner have Matt LeBlanc do it. He did well with the suit in Lost in Space.

Selleck is way too geriatric and who wants an Iron Man with a high squeaky voice?

Yuck to Cruise a.k.a. Mini-Iron Man. I'm still trying to get over that little Commish guy as Thing. Double Yuck to DiCraprio.

Would be fun to see Duchovny do a big action flick. They should use him before he's an old man like Harrison Ford.:)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I can definitely see Cruise playing Tony Stark.Ive always pictured Timothy Dalton is Stark (WAY before Alex Ross used him as a model)Stark is a tricky one to cast - I could also see people like Guy Pierce,Thomas Jane(already Punisher) or maybe Gabriel Byrne in the role (I can see all with the arrogance,slicked back hair,thin mustache and suit)

PLEASE, I hope they get this one right and it doesnt turn into a Fantastic Four type abortion.I want to see Absorbing Man,Modok and Mandarin:)

I also dont see how they caan make a 2005 release except for Holiday season.

"just gone steadily downhill since Kurt Busiek left the book"

I had no idea he was on Iron Man. How was his run, Ill pick a few up if they were good.The last Iron Mans I read were when Romita Jr was doing the book in the early 90s.

:)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Busiek's run was pretty good; he had the book for a couple of years starting with "Heroes Return" (so, Volume 3 Number 1-~20). It did go to pot fairly quickly after he left, though. It's just relaunched again with Warren Ellis writing it, but I'm waiting for the collection on that, especially since Ellis is only doing six issues and the artist means they're only coming out every six weeks.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Interesting choice for director. Haven't seen any of this guy's films but apparently The Notebook was pretty good. Definitely not the same type of film though.

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais
Are you kidding? This news sucks. I thought Curise would be the perfect Tony Stark. And now he's backing out saying that he didn't think the project was going in the right direction. To me this spells nothing but bad news.

Slap a gotee on the man and bam, Tony Stark. He's a rich playboy like Stark and he's got the acting chops to pull the alcholism of Tony Stark (Born on the Forth of July anyone?). Anyway, I see this as the first of what may be many bad things for this movie. Too bad, I was really looking foward to this.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
JR jr and Bob Layton?
yeah, i've always liked that design best myself (maybe its because thats what i grew up reading/seeing), and those two were my favorite art team on the book.

i doubt we'll see a design close to that though.

i'm not a big fan of Cruise, but if the project had to have a name actor headlining it, i wouldn't have minded him.
i could picture him as a swaggering multi-billionaire with problems.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Yeah, I never knew Stark had been drawn with a goatee until just now. I thought the bad guy had one.

Sorry, I don't follow the comics. Just some of the cartoons over the years.

Chalk me up as happy that Cruise and all his creative input (i.e. "Worship me, camera-man") are gone. That's a big help to the film.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Chalk me up as happy that Cruise and all his creative input (i.e. "Worship me, camera-man") are gone. That's a big help to the film.
I tend to agree. If we had Cruise, they probably wouldn't put a helmut over his head, since we need to see him, dmnt!

I do like the gold and red suit, but I'm also a fan of the later silver and red suit as well, plus I feel it would look better in a film.

Jason

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm also glad Cruise is gone, but how about going with this for the suit?

;) The original suit looks like what one might picture when listening to the otherwise unrelated Sabbath tune.

BTW, the Romita Jr. homage cover above is awesome. I love when they do things like that. See also: the Romita Amazing Spider-Man #39 that was frequently duplicated, and the cover of X-Men #138 that was homaged at least twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks