What's new

iPod Without Computer? A Couple of Questions Re: DRM (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
My friend Joe recently purchased an iPod Nano but before loading it with music, his computer died.

To make matters worse, he recently had a heart attack and is recovering at home.

I'm trying to figure out if I can possibly load his iPod with music from another friend, who has iTunes and an iPod.

What are the issues with such a setup:

1. If I am able to do this, will I be compromising my other friend's ability to add another ipod for himself- are there limits to how many can be using one library...

2. If I am able to do the download, will my friend with the heart attack then lose the ability to attach/identify the nano to his own computer once he gets a new one?

3. I have a Zune, and all my music files are in that format, so I'm assuming that I can be of no help in loading his Nano- is this correct?

Thanks for any answers...

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
1) No, there is not a limit.
2) It won't be a problem but the music that's on the device will be wiped (itunes doesn't allow ipod->computer transfers, only computer->ipod). Yetipod is a great program that gets around this restriction. I would recommend that you load his device using this program (there is no need to build an itunes library or any of that mess... just drag and drop).
3) There is no such thing as a 'Zune format'. I imagine your songs are in MP3 which can be easily read by the ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks