What's new

IPhone 5c/5s (1 Viewer)

Are you planning on getting the new iPhone 5c or 5s?

• Total voters

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
My order is in for a gold 64Gig 5S. It will be here sometime in October.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
One of each. Replacing a pair of 4's (new 2010) with probably a 32GB 5S (me) and 32 GB 5C (her). Plan to demo them at Apple Store first and before buying. Need to see colors in real life. And make sure we want those models. I might be happy with a 5C. I might want her to get a 5S so I can unlock it with fingerprint.

I wish that storage had come down by a $100. 32 GB is adequate. Would rather have 64 GB but not sure I want to spend that much money.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Looks like the gold 5S is already sold out and on back order. Hope you get yours on time Steve.

I won't update my wife's until June of next year but she is already drooling at the mouth to update her 4S.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
My order went from shipping in 1-3 days to 7-10 days in the course of a couple of minutes. That was within the first 5 minutes when Apple had them for sale online. Delivery estimate is Oct 8-11. So I'm hoping I don't get it later in the month.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Robert Crawford said:
Isn't that what I said?
I was answering the OP, Crawdaddy! I locked in at $350ish to trade in my 5 but it's not worth it to me to do it mid contract, I will wait till next year.Sorry for confusion!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sam Posten said:
I was answering the OP, Crawdaddy! I locked in at $350ish to trade in my 5 but it's not worth it to me to do it mid contract, I will wait till next year.Sorry for confusion!
Gotcha! I feel the same way.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Anything 4s or earlier and I'd go for the 5s immediately. I'd have a hard time seeing anyone go 5 to 5s unless total tech heads. Non tech head new users have a tough choice but most will be thrilled with the 5c.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Trip to the Apple Store this afternoon to play with new phones. What I want is the 5s with the 5c candy-coating. I really like the feel of the plastic (to my surprise). I'm don't really like the texture of the anodized metal. (Maybe it reminds me of work?)

Practically, I'll get the 32GB white 5s. After having a black 4 for three years and having previously sworn off the white phones, it looks good to me now. If you listen to John Siracusa's podcast (Accidental Tech Podcast), you've heard him explain why black is better, since it makes whites look better. However, what he misses is that white frame makes blacks look better. It's a pick-your-poison issue. I'm worried I'll regret the white (shinier, more distracting ultimately, etc). At the same time, I use my phone as the dashboard GPS a lot, so a white phone that doesn't get quite as hot from the sun is a good thing.

My wife notices that the C is heavier than the S so is now getting a black S.

After some demoing, I realize that ios 7 is going to take me a couple of weeks to get used to. There are some things that look very nice. But other aspects, like the Clock and Phone app feel weird and not right, at first glance. But it took me a month for my basic re-calibration from Windows to OS X back in 2007.

Pawl

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered the iPhone 5s Gold 64g online from the Apple Store. Invoice says October, but no exact date. I love the new update, but miss the Album cover flow...they should bring it back as an option. I also ordered a Sena case that looks like a race car in honor of the film, "Rush". :)So far, no new update for the Apple TV 3. Read that it was taken off, because customers were having problems with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks