What's new

Ipad Mini - Sony Bravia TV (1 Viewer)

PaulCooke

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul Cooke
Hi guys could anyone advise me if it is possible to turn on a Bravia TV & SkyHD box from an Ipad (mini) please

I'm not bothered about controlling channels volume etc as I only watch Sky and already have the app for this but unless I can turn the actual Sky box and TV on I still need to use the original remotes !

Both the Sky box and TV are on my network

The TV model is KDL - NX713

(I also have a Sony BD player SD-350 - but never use it anymore although if there is a workaround for this that would be great to)

Many thanks

Paul

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Because the iPad mini controls your devices over WiFi, there is no way to power on or off via an application alone. If you use HDMI control (it's called various things by various manufacturers; my Toshiba calls it REGZA Link; Sony may call it Bravia Link) on your Bravia you *may* be able to simply power on the TV and have the Sky box automatically power on (removing one remote from the mix) check the manual for your Sky box and see if this is possible, but you will not be able to use the iPad for that purpose without external smart remote equipment, like the Logitech Harmony Smart Control, which connects to your WiFi network and uses an IR blaster to replace the IR signals from your remotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks