What's new

iPad Air and iPad Air 2 buyers and owners (2 Viewers)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
And to make things interesting, I changed my order to a cellular model. No freebies, but a little more flexibility at resell time. Delayed the arrival date by a day, but the rep said that it could arrive earlier.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Mine should be here in 3 weeks at the latest, 2 weeks at best. Maybe I'll get it before Thanksgiving, so I can play with it over the holiday!

Pawl

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my shipment notice for my iPad mini Blue Smart Cover (Ships Nov 21). I've never owned the iPad "mini" before, so this will be fun to look forward to! :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
My mini Smart Cover shipped yesterday and should be here Tuesday. I have used Smart Covers on my full-sized iPads, and they are great...open it to wake from sleep, close it to sleep, fold it to make a stand.

Pawl

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my shipment notice for my iPad mini retina for Nov. 22! I'm getting it sooner than I thought. :)

Pawl

Stunt Coordinator
I just received my spanking brand new iPad mini retina yesterday! It's impressive looking, and the retina display is really beautiful. My iPad Air was my birthday present to myself, the iPad mini is my early Christmas present. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations! Tell us how you like using it! I'm typing this on my first gen mini and I can't wait to get a new Retina Mini. I started to really like using it as a sketching tool with the Wacom Stylus, so I'll bet the faster processor will make it as fun as it is on the Air.I decided to wait a bit till some stock started to arrive at stores. Or perhaps that's a bad idea as I might have a few months to go?

Pawl

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I love using my iPad mini! I mainly use it to answer my email, and reading the internet. This is my very first iPad mini, so the smaller size really impressed me...it's not too small, but not too big! Everything loads fast, and I love the lightness of it. Though, the iPad Air is perfect in every way, the iPad mini is equally perfect for it's smaller size. :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
My 128gig AT&T Retina iPad mini is still stuck in processing state. It is supposed to ship in 5-10 business days from the time I ordered it, and that places it sometime early next week. I just hope it is sooner, because I would really like to have this before Thanksgiving.

Oh, and I decided to give Android a try with a refurb Google Nexus 7 (2012). It's not a bad little tablet, but since I have so much already invested in the Apple ecosystem, the Nexus 7 will just be a play toy.

Pawl

Stunt Coordinator
Nelson...I don't know how you can have the patience to wait, because I ordered mine immediately online at the Apple Store when it was available. However, you will LOVE IT! :D

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have my old iPad mini and the new Air to keep me going until the I can get the new Retina mini. I'd love to get it now. I'll give it a few more days and see. :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
My retina mini is finally preparing for shipment! With any luck, I will have it this week!

Pawl

Stunt Coordinator
Cool Steve, you're going to love it! I've been playing the new game "Clumsy Ninja" on my new iPad mini, and it's been a blast to play on it. :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Shipment was supposed to arrive next Monday. My mini arrived today, after one day of shipping. Gotta love FedEx.

I put on the back case and Smart Cover. Now it is protected.

I forgot to get AppleCare, so I called to get it. Now I am restoring from my iPad 4th generation backup...it will take a couple of hours since I had pretty much maxed out the entire 128 gig.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
It's all set up. The size will take a little getting used to. Right now I am digging on the split keyboard and thumb typing. I like the size. Now I can sell my iPad 4!

Brendan Surpless

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brendan Surpless
Decided to grab a Space Grey iPad Air 32GB this past Sunday at BBY. Now, go figure, all iPad's are on sale this weekend (10% off.)

Hopefully it's as easy as a simple price match.

Loving it btw. Battery life is FAR superior to the 2nd Generation iPad 2. The weight of the device amazes me - incredibly light!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks