What's new

IOS7 (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I've read about the battery drain issue as well, although I haven't experienced it. About 6 months ago my 4s started shutting off when the battery reached 20%. My wife's will run all the way down to 1 or 2% before shutting down. I tried a full restore as well as recalibrating the battery sensor. The restore didn't help and the calibration lasted a couple of days. Now I'm back to shutting off at 20% but I usually don't let my battery go that far down anyway. I figure I'll upgrade to the 5s next spring (or the 6s if it isn't a phablet) so I'm not messed up about it.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Sorry to hear you're having problems with abnormal battery drain, Dave. Doesn't seem to be a problem on my 5S.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Guess I'll wait-and-see for now w/ my chintzy 16GB 5c company phone... :P

But is the battery drain affecting the iPad too? Like DaveF, I have an iPad3.

_Man_

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Clinton McClure said:
I've read about the battery drain issue as well, although I haven't experienced it. About 6 months ago my 4s started shutting off when the battery reached 20%. My wife's will run all the way down to 1 or 2% before shutting down. I tried a full restore as well as recalibrating the battery sensor. The restore didn't help and the calibration lasted a couple of days. Now I'm back to shutting off at 20% but I usually don't let my battery go that far down anyway. I figure I'll upgrade to the 5s next spring (or the 6s if it isn't a phablet) so I'm not messed up about it.
Take it to the store. Get an appointment. If this is truly a device error your logs will confirm it and they will fix or replace it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
DavidJ said:
Sorry to hear you're having problems with abnormal battery drain, Dave. Doesn't seem to be a problem on my 5S.
Thanks.I may setup a Genius appointment. It's persistent.First, I may try a backup / reset / reinstall this weekend.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
the new ios also reset all of my ringtones, text tones, etc…Now I can’t even access my ever popular “ICQ Uh Oh” text tone. My friends and family will be devastated :)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
oh, I’m positive it’s my fault. It coincided with the update though…so I immediately thought that was the culprit. It actually turns out the settings in my iTunes had changed. Not sure what I did there, but it’s now fixed,. The world gets to enjoy Uh Oh again :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Uh... Congrats? =)Actually I remember the old ICQ Uh Oh now that you remind me, it was actually used in a screen saver or something like that, maybe the flying toasters, before that...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
DaveF said:
Thanks.I may setup a Genius appointment. It's persistent.First, I may try a backup / reset / reinstall this weekend.
Excessive battery drain self-corrected after a couple weeks. iPhone 5s has been working fine with 7.1 since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks