What's new

iOS 8 (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Hmm...I haven't noticed that at all. After reading your post, I thought I'd check it more carefully on my 5s, but it seems as smooth as it can be. Was it just on Spotlight that you noticed it or do you see it elsewhere?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Specifically the blur transition when swiping down to activate spotlight. It's seemed just not quite as smooth as it used to be. Maybe I'm being too fussy. But on the 6, it felt just perfect, perfecter than my 5s :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Are they gone from your iTunes? If not, try re-booting the phone then syncing with the computer.

Also, give it 10 minutes. Sometimes there are delays in iCloud settings and data propagating through major updates.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I hate that favorites move to the left of the screen on iPad, if anyone finds an option to move this please let me know.
And that you have to close favorites after your site loads if you want to view full screen!! So frustrating!

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
No? Using safari on an iPad once I select my bookmark from the drop down list and it loads in the current tab, I have to tap the bookmark a second time to close the drop down list. Perhaps this is ipad only? I haven't installed 8 on my iPhone 4s

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Just noticed it goes away in portrait mode. I guess that's something. But I never use it in portrait mode

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
DaveF said:
I'm downloading iOS 8 to my iMac. Will upgrade my phone tomorrow or Saturday. Haven't read any reviews yet. That's the to-do for the weekend :)Ars advises caution on upgrading an iPad 2.http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/09/a-slide-into-obsolescence-ios-8-on-the-ipad-2/Any word on iOS 8 on an iPad 3? I need to know whether to upgrade mine.Edit: realizing iPad 2 and 3 use the same A5 CPU so performance impact will be similar. I will probably upgrade for uniformity, but will start with the iPhone.
Let us know how that goes. I'm reluctant to upgrade our iPad3 (and maybe my company-provided iPhone5c too) as well.

_Man_

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
McPaul said:
Just noticed it goes away in portrait mode. I guess that's something. But I never use it in portrait mode
This is by design! In landscape mode they use the extra pixels to show your favorites all the time!

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Exactly! And I can't seem to untoggle it! I know what my favorites are! I'd rather have the extra space so I can make the text on webpages readable by pinch to unzoom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks