1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS 6 Upgrade Issue - wifi toggle greyed out

Discussion in 'Apple' started by MarkMel, Sep 21, 2012.

1. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

I "upgraded" on Thursday. Got the same thing as the screenshot above shows. Figured out how to downgrade to 5.1.1. Did that and got "Wifi not available" where the Off label is. Prior to doing this I tried every remedy suggested,
    Took it back to Verizon. They upgraded to 6, toggle greyed out. He called Apple. They said they are aware of the issue and to try turning it off in a couple of hours and then back on again - yeah right.
    Told him I'd try it but if it wasn't working I was coming back for a new phone.
    The whole thing is ridiculous. At least tell us that they're working on the issue - communication is key and we get none. I'm ready to go back to my dumb phone.
    This is a pretty common issue on the apple boards.
    Anyone else here having this issue? Any thoughts to what a resolution might be/what apple is going to do?

2. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Screenwriter

I have iOS 6 and it's working fine. Of teh 5-6 people I know that have it now none of them have had this issue. I'm sure they will find a solution though.

3. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I have iOS 6 installed and have found no issues like you have described.