What's new

Invite: ScooterPalooza 2003(Ver.1.1): Oh Scoot, Book II (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've volunteered to do the email coordination for the 2nd '03 Scooterpalooza on Oct 18th, even though I have no idea what is involved. I just emailed Ron but I think he is in California.... I gather I will collect email from attendees of the event and coordinate who and how many are showing. I will be on vacation from Oct 3rd to most likely around the 10th or 11th (on a bike tour to Great Barrington, MA) without access to the internet but I'll try my best to coordinate everything before then and immediately once I return.

Perhaps if you can email me at [email protected] and let me know the following:

1)how many are attending
2)email address (if different from the account you send it from)
3)phone number or contact information at the place you are staying at (just in case for emergencies)
4) Food item to be brought (if you know it already)

I guess #3 and #4 are optional, but might be handy for Scooter to know who is bringing what and a point of contact for say weather emergencies or the like.

Please use the above link or put "SCOOTERPALOOZA" in the subject line so I can create a filter in my email client

Since I am learning as I go, I may send a mass mailing to those that email me for more information or for other data once I get a response from Ron or somebody who has done this before, but I wanted to start early because I am going to be away come Oct 3rd which will arrive sooner than you think.

Jay

P.S. Who is coordinating the food? Can I bring stuff that isn't perishable, like if you need plates, forks, spoons, etc. I'm still trying to bike there so anything perishable might not like the ride

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
OK, I am now taking donations in advance for a portable toilet. Total cost is $200 or less, I am fronting the cost and am accepting donations via check or money order (please dont send cash) at:

Sam Posten
38 Powell Ave
Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716

Please feel free to donate as much or as little as you like. If we dont get enough to cover it beforehand I will either just donate the difference myself or pass the hat at the event.

In the unlikely event that there is too much cash donated, the funds with be used to either:

Buy millwaukees best for the event
Buy prizes for the event
Send Scooter to Bermuda

Thanks for your support, cant wait to see ya all there!

Sam

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Actually...I wanted to do this in Aug. but couldn't find a porta-sponsor.

The need for this is dependent on the number of folks who are planning on attending..which right now is low. The RSVP deadline is coming soon....

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Low indeed, I presume Sam Posten, since he is collecting for the Port-o-Potty will be there, I will be there, and I've gotten 2 replies as of 9/30/03 (for a total of 4 people, not including me) so there may not need to be a Port-o-Potty if this keeps up...

Sam, when do you need to make the reservation for the port-o-potty. Like I said, I'll be on vacation with possibly no access to the internet from Oct 3rd to the 11th. If I was to give you a head count on the 11th-12th, would that be too late to make the port-o-potty reservation? That's assuming we even need one cause if we only have a few people, then there might not even be a need. BTW, you can sign me up for $10 if we need one.

Jay

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I’ll definitely be there if this happens on the 18th.
I say “IF” because reaction seems to be quite low so far.
And I would guess that without participation from Ron & Parker, many people may pass.
Since I have been to every other HTF-sanctioned Scooter-fest, I definitely won’t miss this one.

Jay, I’ll get an official E-Mail out to you if you need it, but otherwise add me to the list.
[email protected]

I’ll be glad to contribute to the crapper fund if need be, but I really think it’s looking like we won’t need it.
Maybe we should rent some propane heat lamps instead. :D:D:D It was 41-Degrees last night.:eek:

Shawn S

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Here's what I am going to do...give it till thursday and see what we have going. That works with Jay's schedule and we'll have a count.

If it doesn't happen in Oct. then I will do something mid spring next year.

So...by thursday..............

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
the crapper fund
:laugh:

Unfortunately I am going to have to put a hold on the 18th, I am having some family in town. I might be able to make it, but I won't know till next week.

So I am on stand by for now, and will let you know ASAP.

--
H

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Well, as of Wednesday, I have about 3 replies for a total of 8 people, including me, Shawn, and I presume Sam Posten since he is collecting for the port-o-potty. I guess it would be silly to volunteer for the potty-patrol if you don't show up so as of Wednesday morning, it is roughly 8 attendees.

Heck, I suggest that Scooter gets a ton of door prizes and we'll just raffle them off amongst those that show up.. ha!

Jay

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Hi All...
I'll be there, most certainly. Oct 18th. See you there.
Let me know what I can bring, if anything? It sounds like a small event, so far. Imho, this is wonderful, and will allow more time to talk with everyone, especially the hosts.

Matt Krapf
"Just happy to be here."

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Matt makes it 9. I'm not against having a mini-palooza, perhaps in a scaled down version, without the port-o-potty and without alot of coordination and setup... but it is Scooter's decision! I just checked my home mail and nothing new has been received. I made a small table in Word to gather the participants and contact information.

I've mentioned before, I am on vacation tomorrow so perhaps if Scooter is going to still do this and you're interested, just reply here and perhaps that will help... I'm not sure if Ron emailed everybody yet, I know I have not received an email from Ron and I believe I do get HTF mass mailings... That might pique more interest... Maybe I'll ask Ron if he has sent it yet.

Jay

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I am definitly there.

I wanted to make the reservation today but have held off. I think next Friday is the latest I would want the reservation, but I'm not 100% firm on that.

I think we might need a more clear post on the after hours forum indicating that it is indeed on. I find it VERY hard to believe that after the tremendous turn out that there is this low an interest level, I simply think people are uninformed.

Alternatively perhaps Ron can send out a mass mailing to the people who have previously attended and have them follow up with Jay.

Sam

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
At this point I am going to pull the plug on the 18th. RSVP's have been light to say the least and not that those who did respond are not welcome here and wonderful company, but putting one of these together is a fair undertaking. So..I want to thank those who offered to put forth effort...and plan on something for this coming spring.

This past ScooterPalooza was a real hoot..went MUCH better than I coulda dreamed. Let's hope this spring is even bigger.

Scooter

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
> If it doesn't happen in Oct. then I will do something mid spring next year.

Scoot, what's the scoop on your rumored plans to move? Does this mean you'll be sticking around NJ?

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
The Lovely Michelle and I are still planning to move, but no earlier than Morgan's H.S. graduation. He turned 18 today, BTW!!!!!!!:D

We were supposed to begin the "Where To Spend The Rest Of Our Lives" tour last month but the hurricane thwarted the first trip..to Berkely Springs, W. Va. But we wound up in Lancaster, Pa. and stared at the Amish instead for the weekend. Hopefully we will get there in November.

Anyhow..I will be here at least thru June.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks