What's new

Invasion ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was aware the Dr. was missing her ring, but now that I remember the jeweler saying the ring was resized it points more to the doc than the first wife.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
I'm interested. Been good so far, but I will admit compared to War of the Worlds this summer, this "Invasion" seems a little slow.

Peace,

DM

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I watched the first episode and haven't watched yet. Can someone (in spoilers) tell me what has happened and what they think the show is about?? For example what is up with the Sheriff and his wife

Thanks!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh look, another episode of developing another pod person by giving them the orange light treatment under the water.

So we have a carrier pod person, it would seem. People are contracting some weird coughing/lung disease from that guy. If the sheriff is okay with the quarantine, that means it must play into his/their plan, whatever that plan may be.

Too bad this show moves at a snail's pace.

This show is almost making me start watching CSI:NY, a show I gave up on after 4 episodes last season.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
The aliens or whatever have us humans pegged. Look how easy it is to catch us. "Ooo look! Shiny lights in the water. Let me get in the water so I can take a better look. Ooo so shiny. What the?" - CHOMP.

They probably have this part down pretty good. It would play the same in real life.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yea, it is pretty funny how easily these folks get into swamp water. Like the teens last episode just diving right in. Jeesh, this is the everglades. I wouldnt think people would just jump into swamp water without even hesitating.

Matthew Eagin

Auditioning
Regarding the ring, I took that to mean that the body in the trunk was that of the original sheriff, with the current one being the alien replacement...

assuming that the aliens actually kill the original and take their shape, as opposed to taking over the victim's body, that is.

Rudi

Stunt Coordinator

:laugh:
Thats so funny and so true. This is like the "you think that was stupid watch this" show.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
My issue with Invasion isn't the slow reveal of the story (I'm fine with that in TV shows) its the complete lack of any dynamic energy. Every scene whether instrumental or incidental is filmed with the exact same weight. Wednesday's show was the perfect example- with a disease carrier on the loose and various members of the cast threatened it should have been tense and action packed but was anything but.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, I agree. I don't mind that a story moves slowly, as long as it manages to keep up the tension. You'd think that this episodes would've been chock full of tense moments, yet practically no excitement or mystery was generated at all. I guess they just don't have talented enough people making it...

My other issue is that now we've seen virtyally the same episode over and over again... and then a "twist" at the end, which is ignored in the following episode.

I'll stay with the show, but they need to whip this thing into shape and quickly.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
Well it seems who ever wrote the show likes Peter Gabriel because he had the sherif say "Shock the Monkey" instead of shoot or trank the monkey. Of course Shock the Monkey is a Peter Gabriel song.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So...we can assume the sherrif was "taken over" almost ten years ago when he was the sole survivor of the plane crash in which he lost his wife? Which then points to that skeleton and ring being his.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll admit I'm surprised. I like it okay and will continue watching it, but it just doesn't seem like it would have much of an audience. I'll be more surprised if Night Stalker is picked up, though. Nobody even bothers to post about it anymore.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Probably so, although I'm kind of enjoying it. It's no X-Files (as it seems to want to be... I seem to remember that X-Files was partially inspired by the original Night Stalker, now this Night Stalker seems to want to be X-Files), but it's not bad with atmosphere and beats most of the crap on TV.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
An interesting reveal that the water creatures MAY become or set up shop inside a human, not merely be "seeders." By how the others act, I'm thinking the latter. I read a blurb in EW that by the 9th episode it will be revealed what's going on.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, that tracking device and where it led him was a nice touch.

This was the best episode so far, but the way they shoot and edit this show is painfully pedestrian. It needs some creative edge to present this fairly straightforward story, but it just doesn't have it.

I'm glad it was picked up though, I want to see what happens to these characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks