What's new

Invasion ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks, Patrick. I saw it all then. The show's on probation for me. The first episode was beautiful to look at, but a little slow. I don't know if I'm interested in pod people, if that's what's going on. I was hoping for a little War of the Worlds action. I'll watch my recording of the second episode later and maybe make up my mind.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Funny, but Doc Ex seems more human now than she did before. Didn't creep me out nearly as much.

Still find the pace slow, and I'm not really caring all that much about the plot.

Jason

Spero D

Second Unit

Totally agree. The show is wearing out its welcome with me. A few more eps and if the pace doesn't pick up then one less show to watch.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
WOW! Anyone catch Cirroc Lofton in the "blink-and-you'll-miss-him" role of Reed, the production assistant (or whatever his job is at the TV station)? I hope his role is expanded, though I found tonight's episode kind of dull like some of you did.

By the way, I find it strange that Invasion and Supernatural have an almost identical way of presenting the credits, and a similar method and font for location identification text. I understand these shows were created to sort of capitalize on the success of Lost, so is this a sort of rip of how that show presents this stuff? I've never seen Lost.

RichardK

Second Unit
Last night was a pretty good episode.
I'm curious as to where it's going.

Nice shower scene. :b
My wife enjoyed the obligatory man taking his clothes off down to his underwear. While he (mr Park Ranger, i cant remember is character name) is laying down to the bed, my wife says in her best Brook Shields from Entourage impersonation..."he was hard!" She said, "I swear I just saw something in the right edge of the screen, his underwear was sticking out!" I laughed on that one cuz I doubt that was caught in 4:3 framing...

I'll be tuning in next week for more shower scenes....;)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
"I laughed on that one cuz I doubt that was caught in 4:3 framing..."

Sadly, you are mistaken. :D

Yeah, the doctor seems to be a tweener. Maybe the process has to take place underwater (doctor was above water). But if she's in some inbetween state you would think she would have at least one sucker wound and that she would have found it by now. :)

Ranger guy didn't seem to be in too much of a hurry to check out the freakshow in the trunk. :confused:

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
He probably figured the body could wait. Also, he may not be all that motivated, although now that it has gone missing and there are other clues, it is more interesting.

The conspiracy brother acts like he's never seen a show/movie where there's annoying conspiracy brother that people ignore. He's rattling off a by-the-numbers cover-up, EBE, blah blah blah.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Well, after watching this and Threshhold, I've decided I like this show more. Threshhold is now off my DVR list....

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'm quickly losing interest in this show...

It was intriguing at first, but I really am turned off by literally ALL of the actors...they are so annoying and unappealing to follow for an hour...

The story itself is pretty hockey and doesn't seem to be on it's way to getting any better.

Looks like I'm dumping it from my Season Pass....

I had high hopes.

:frowning:

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I like it, mainly because they are not overly explicit yet about what exactly is going on, and because the story moves along at a comfortable pace.

At the same time, its weakest point is that it all feels very generic (the one movie it reminds me the most of is actually not "Body Snatchers", but The Puppet Masters), and there is nothing especially unusual in it to make it become "must see" TV.

I will keep watching though, it's still traditional, entertaining sci-fi. :)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I watched the second episode but felt a little "lost" (no pun intented) because I missed the first one.

I know there was a hurricane and some people were hurt and showed up with vampire-byte-like marks all over their bodies. And the fat guy from that WB show (the rock band that could see dead people) was also "bit" in the leg.

Can someone be kind enough to provide a summary of what happened in the pilot episode?

Thanks in advance.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Really not much more than that. A weather plane is inside the eye of a hurricane when it is attacked and destroyed by some big "being of light" under the water. That's the opening scene, and I don't think it has been referenced again (unless the guy who was found at the Ranger station was related to the plane).

Then, in the middle of the hurricane, the little girl gets lost looking for her cat and sees these things made of light falling into the water. Her mother--the doctor--gets lost in the storm and is found, naked and not breathing, at the edge of the swamp. When she is revived, she is somehow different. At one point, her daughter asks, "Why do you smell different?"

The reporter's brother--the guy from that WB show--takes the little girl out to the swamp to look for the lights, and he finds a skeleton with aliens bits imbedded in it, which he later retrieves. He and the ranger go back in the middle of the night to look for lights, and the brother gets pulled under water by a small "being of light," and the ranger saves him. This is where the brother got the bite mark.

Also, a priest is also found, naked and incoherent, after being out in the hurricane. And, the doctor's sheriff husband seems a little sinister and it is assumed he knows something more than the rest of the characters (and us).

Those are the "important" details that I can remember. I guess other than that, I can give you character relationships:

Russell the ranger was married to the doctor. Now, he's married to Larkin, the news reporter. The WB guy is her brother. The boy and the girl are Russell's by the doctor. Meanwhile, the doctor is now married to the sheriff, and they have custody of the kids.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i think what was key in that wide-shot was the fact that there were little cabbage-looking-things in the pond now. i guess those are alien eggs or something ...

---

for now, i can still handle the show ... but i think wifey likes it more then me. chances are i'll drop it sooner then later.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i'll keep watching both for the time being, but neither this nor Threshold has really appealed to me. Surface seems far more interesting, but will probably end up being the first of the three to get cancelled.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
It felt very strange seeing Veronica Cartwright in this episode because of her "Body Snatcher" past. . .

Rather disappointed in the series thus far -- I had high hopes. I'm actually enjoying "Supernatural" more.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the recap Greg. Did the sheriff behave in such a suspicious manner from the start or was he "bitten" by these "things"? He behaves as if he either knew something or he was one of these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks