1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Intervideo/WinDVD annoys me mightily!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kieran Coghlan, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Kieran Coghlan

Kieran Coghlan Well-Known Member

I bought WinDVD 2000 Multi-channel from Intervideo last year (02/01) for $50+tax. I purchased it via download. Now I want to re-install it, since I upgraded my OS, and the only version I can download is WinDVD4.0, and I have to pay another $40 for it (granted that's discounted from $50). I don't want/need WinDVD4.0. I was happy with the version I had. I paid for it, I should be able to reinstall it, right? This is F'D up, IMHO. I wrote to their customer service regarding this, but they only answer Monday-Friday, so I'll have to wait 'till next week. [​IMG]
    Has anyone here ever dealt with a problem like this? If so, how did it turn out?

2. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Well-Known Member

was there any particular reason you didn't save the install files from the previous time?

3. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Well-Known Member

Did the download page have a thingy saying 'You're responsible for keeping a copy, that's why we sell physical media for an extra 10 bucks, but hey, we'll assume since you're downloading, you've got a CD burner or something.' or some such?

4. Mark Kalzer

Mark Kalzer Well-Known Member

I bought Power DVD 3.0 over the internet. When I bought it, I remember having the option of paying $10 more, in which I could download it again without having to pay, in case I ever lost it. I didn't take that though. Instead, I downloaded the software and immedietely burned it to a CD. Very convenient too, since I format my hard drive a wee bit too often.

Make sure you back up those files.

5. Kieran Coghlan

Well, it was over a year ago that I installed it, and can't remember exactly, but all I recall is that I could pay $10 for a CD, or just download it again if needed. Maybe I misunderstood. [​IMG]

6. Kieran Coghlan

(Sorry about the poor language in the subject... thanks for changing it!) [​IMG]

7. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Well-Known Member

Give Intervideo a customer support email and ask if your product is available for download elsewhere.

8. KevinOuld

KevinOuld New Member

Shoot me an email offline and I can probably help you with the files you need.

9. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Well-Known Member

ditto, except my email is an online system [​IMG]

10. Kieran Coghlan

Kevin, email coming your way.
    Thanks,