What's new

Internet-only vs. retail speakers (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's a pretty vague question. Sort of like "what is the best color?" There is no "best", just personal preferences.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your replies and PMs. I can only answer a few general comments at this time as I am preparing for CES at this time. Please, for any system advice or possible sales related inquires, email me directly. It is in my opinion that there has been a bit too much marketing on this forum lately. I am happy to discuss technical issues, design theory, measurement techniques and interpretation openly in a public forum but in respect to the sponsors/advertisers of this forum, sales related questions should be private...

MaxF ... Thank you.

Eddie.. Regarding pro-reviews of the 340 mains or lack there of and why so many more 170 reviews are available.

That is a good question but one that is really based on opinion. I for one think that the 340 offers an even greater performance value, but it really depends on your unique environment and intended usage.

Jeremy_R -- please email me directly.

Jimmy Harmon --- Thanks.. I tend to agree with your evaluation between the two speakers.

Again, thanks for your time and I apologize in advance for delays in replying to emails or PMs.

Don Scott

Stunt Coordinator
"That's a pretty vague question. Sort of like "what is the best color?" There is no "best", just personal preferences. "

What I meant is what are the names of quality internet direct speaker manufactures. I assume like any other market there are crappy companies to be avoided.

I was recently reading some good reviews about Streem speakers. Does anyone here have any experience with them?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Did you do a search on Streem here? I think there was a discussion of them in the last month or so. Aside from that, I had never heard of them before.

That pretty much sums up the ones most often discussed on this board. You might throw Fluance in there too, but that is on the lower end, IMO.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
You guys keep forgetting ACI. Please don't exclude them when it comes to internet direct. They were the pioneers and I would put their products right up there at the top with any of those contenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks