What's new

internal speakers blown; bypass for converter box tv? assistance please (1 Viewer)

alison11

Auditioning
Real Name
alison
Hi, I have a small quandary I could use some help with. I have a 28 inch toshiba tv. it's old school, with a dtv converter box.
the internal speakers blew out last week.
the output choices are red/white rca jacks. I have tried hooking up computer speakers with a 1/8 jack
to a female jack/to 2rca splitter.
audio is onlybarely discernible.
is there a better bypass to achieve quality sound?
thanks and happy holidays
alison

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The signal needs to b amplified. Either connect the R/W to an amp/receiver before sending it off to speakers, or connect the kind of computer speakers that have an amp built-in.

BrennanOSD

Agent
Real Name
Brennan
alison11 said:
Hi, I have a small quandary I could use some help with. I have a 28 inch toshiba tv. it's old school, with a dtv converter box.
the internal speakers blew out last week.
the output choices are red/white rca jacks. I have tried hooking up computer speakers with a 1/8 jack
to a female jack/to 2rca splitter.
audio is onlybarely discernible.
is there a better bypass to achieve quality sound?
thanks and happy holidays
alison
If the speakers blew, it sounds like you want to be able to hear some decent volume, right? If you want to do surround sound, you can get an inexpensive receiver and if you don't want speakers all around the room, you can do a soundbar that mounts to your tv.
- Brennan, OSD Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks