What's new

Integra DPS-8.3? (1 Viewer)

Larry_W

Agent
Does anyone have any experience with this player? How does it compare to other players in the same price range?

steve gk

Stunt Coordinator
Larry,

Just received my DPS 8.3 last night. Had a chance to hook it up and briefly test it out. Love it so far. Will have a better idea/comparison to my old player by middle part of next week. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail with any questions that I might be able to answer.

Steve

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Steve, what is your older player? Do you have an older DVD-Audio or SACD player for comparison of those formats?

steve gk

Stunt Coordinator
Keith,

My older player could play SACD but unfortunately never used it for SACD playback. I primarily use the DVD player for movies only. Sorry about not being able to compare the two formats.

Steve

Keith AP

Grip
Steve,

I am interested in hearing a bit about the Integra's bass management capabilities as it applies to DVD-A and SACD. Not having full range speakers throughout, I'm still waiting for a player that provides full bass management (80Hz or otherwise) sent through the 5.1 analog outputs.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Steve, thanks. What is your older player? You could still compare the two players with SACDs. I would be curious to hear how the '8.3 compares with other SACD players out there. I am especially interested in how new universal players handle SACD since the Pioneer and Marantz players have gotten so-so reviews in this area.

steve gk

Stunt Coordinator
I will have more time to experiment with the 8.3 over the weekend. I'm afraid that I will not be able to add much to the varying sound format comparisons because I do not have any SACDs or DVD audios (but plan to in the future). Sorry this doesn't help you guys out. For KeithH, my previous player was the Sony 9000es.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Steve, O.K., one final question. Do you still have the 'S9000ES? It sounds like you got rid of it.

steve gk

Stunt Coordinator
KeithH,

I do still have the sony however it is tentatively sold to another home theater forum member.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks