What's new

Installing Delphi XM SkiFi in '01 Passat (1 Viewer)

Ten_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought the SkiFi receiver, installed it in my home, and I'm researching the best way is to affordably install it in my Passat. I have the Delphi SkiFi Car Kit, but could return it. Is there better equiptment that costs less or a little more?

I plan to put the SkiFi on the dash and the antenna on the trunk*. I'd prefer to run the antenna wire in such a way that it could not be seen within the passenger cabin.

Can I plug the output from the SkiFi directly into my Monsoon head unit with an RCA jack? If I can't do that, the next best choice seems to be a wire FM modulator.

Where on the dash have others placed the receiver?

*-Can the SkiFi receiver be mounted in the trunk and controlled remotely via the Passat Head unit? I suspect it cannot.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Is the Monsoon unit VW factory or aftermarket? Looking at xmfanstore.com I found this item:
http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=vwpcpiox
If not it looks like you'll have to use the FM modulator.

It doesn't look the greatest but I have my SkiFi set up like this in my '01 Mazda Protege: I bought sticky backed velcro and put one part at the top center of the dash, right above the heat/AC vents. I put the other part on the back of the swivel base for the SkiFi. That way I can take everything down when parking the car.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Good place. Also try xmfan.com. There seem to be some very technical people hanging out both places. I had some questions about the instal in my Mazda and got lots of help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks