What's new

INHD Network (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I've got HD through Time Warner and just noticed a new channel -- INHD. Right now, it's just running a preview loop saying programming will start airing Sept 15th.

Is this a new HD network or is this something other cable or satellite HD systems have had?

If anyone has had this channel in their lineup, what's the programming like? From the previews, it's hard to tell.. they make it look like they'll have everything from movies to sports.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Bryan this is a new network coming online in September,
it is a subsidary of INDemand which is owned by Comcast,Cox, & AOL Time Warner. There will actually be 2 channels INHD1 & INHD2 respectively. They are only available through cable sorry satellite guys. More though limited info can be found at www.inhd.com So far they've got contracts with content providers including College Sports TV and many other providers to provide 2 channels of 24 hour a day HD feed's.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
They will also be broadcasting about 3 Major League Baseball games a week, beginning at launch on September 15, continuing next year.

See details in this thread at AVSForum.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'm glad to hear they will be offering professional sports. I checked out their website, it is quite light on specifics.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Well it looks as if we'll be launching these channels here in the next few weeks in Washington State

Omard.

Stunt Coordinator
I live in Chicago and yesterday they were showing the U.S. Open on this channel. It was a great picture. Is this going to be a ppv channel or a monthly pay channel?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Is this going to be a ppv channel or a monthly pay channel?
There are actually two channels -- INHD and INHD2. Comcast will be offering the channels as part of their basic HD offering. In the Detroit area, at least, the only additional cost for basic HDTV service over analog CATV service is the $5 per month rental fee for the Motorola converter box. No digital cable subscription is required.

I just had the service installed a couple of days ago so I could get ESPN-HD for the football season. Unfortunately, I still need my Samsung SIR-T151 OTA-only tuner for CBS and Fox, since Comcast is not carrying those digital stations here yet. They only carry ABC, NBC, PBS and ESPN. INHD will be added on September 15th.

Omard.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks that is great news. Also do you see the inhd2 channel yet? Because all I see is the inhd1.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
All I see is the INHD1 too.

I have to agree, the U.S. Open looked great the past couple nights in HD. :)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Tonight they scheduled the 1953 movie "House of Wax". I suspect the U.S. Open broadcast will run long and poor Vincent Price will be bumped. :frowning:

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Omard,

Where I'm at, the only HD channels TW carries right now are NBC, Fox (I know, really Extended Definition), Discovery HD, and INHD. Supposedly they are negotiating with ABC, CBS, and ESPN HD. I'm hoping those come on before the NFL season is over.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Bryan ABC and ESPN are both owned by disney so when they negotiate for one they get both. Thats how it was here anyways.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
The schedule for both channels is posted here, currently through Sept. 19.

Still not active on Comcast in Pittsburgh as of last night.

Alma

Agent
JeremyFr. Live in Bothell, WA. Do you know if these new channels will be launcing on the 15th of this month? You stated a few weeks so I'm guessing not. Any info on your end as to when other new HDTV channels might be coming our way in the Seattle area?

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I haven't got a verified date unfortunately as they keep stuff like this hush hush untill it seems the day they release it. I've asked around and to me it seems logical to asume the 15th though the only info I've got so far is confirmation that they will drop rougly 4 PPV feeds to accomadate these channels from iNDemand here about mid month. I'll let you know when I get more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks