What's new

InFocus 4805 TVAuthority Q&A (1 Viewer)

Gray

Agent
I bought my 4805 w/free screen from Sam's club for $1188. Man, at first I felt ripped off seeing some of the other lower prices on this fourm but the picture is outstanding. I am happy with the picture and mounting and fan noise. It's great. The only downside I have found is the menu. It's not the most user friendly I have seen. I think it will just take a little bit of time...

kenHT

Auditioning
Gray,
How long ago did you get your 4805 from Sam's? I can't seem to find it anymore. Thanks

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if you'll find it in store or not, but here is the link for their website. The best of luck to you.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
LOL!! Hey guys......a representative from a forum sponcer opened up this thread to help educate people on the 4805. If you are looking to purchase one, why not give TVA a call. They will probably beat the price of Sams club and you will be supporting the forum that we all benefit from.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I appreciate the fact that some of you are wanting to get your projector locally but like Evan said TV Authority is a sponsor of this site and at the same time they will beat what Costco is selling the unit with screen for. They just can't advise the price on this or their site.

Give Kin, Jason, Neil or Kirk a call at TV Authority and they will hook you up with the best price and at the same time give you great customer service after the sale.

Parker

CheyneF

Auditioning
I am seriously considering getting this projector in about 2 months. I do ahve a question though. How good will the picture be at 90-100 inch screen with xbox, DVD, and playng my computer through it. I will be sitting about 14 feet away. It will also be in a room with no window, so pitch black if I want it. I can use only the 85 in setting butI am really curious at how good I can expect the pic If i go bigger, and How good each of those sources will be in picture waulity.

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator

I have read in this forum and many others that the 4805 is optimal at 92" screen. I have the 76" screen and am very happy with it. To answer your question about how it will look with your sources: I play xbox all the time and absolutely love it. DVD's look beautiful! As far as computer, the best thing I could tell you to do is check out the AVS Forum for more information. In that forum check on things with JaPhule, DaGamePimp, and DeerHunter. As far as I can remember they all have computers hooked up to their projector.
Good luck and let us know what happens.

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator

YES, with the touch of a button you can change from 16x9 to 4:3, to letterbox, to native. It's really quite simple.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

???? whatever size screen you would want to buy or build I guess. If you asking what is the biggest screen you could have with a 4805.....than I would not go over 100". That would put you 15' away if you follow the 2X rule and the PQ will start to go down simply because of the brightness factor.

CheyneF

Auditioning
Okay,I have another question. I ahve heard that the infocus does not actually do High definition. If I have been correctly informed about this, is there any reason to get a hd up converting dvd? Also what should I look for in a dvd player other than progressive scan, that will enable me to get the most from thsi pj.

Andy_A

Second Unit
just buy an interlaced dvd player and run composite or s-video to the 4805 and let the DCDI work its magic.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

I agree and disagree with Andy.... All you need to send the 4805 is an interlaced signal. The 4805 has a Faroudja deinterlacer which will be better than most DVD player deinterlacer (unless of cource it has the same faroudja chip or better).

However...DO NOT send it a composite or an S-video feed. If you HAVE to do one than obviously send it S-Video. You either want to send it component or DVI through its' HDMI input (you will need an adapter). Component or DVI will be FAAAAR better than anything composite or S-video will display. I have seen the difference and it is astonishing.

I will also probably get nailed for this one but you really do not have to spend a small fortune on the video cable. I got my 30' component video cable for $19 and I DO NOT see any difference between it and a very popular company (I will not say the name since they get a lot of buisness from this and other forums and my goal is not to name names and affect their buisness). If you want info send me a PM) With that said though, I am only displaying a 76" image so there may be a more visable difference with a larger screen.

Robert Silge

Agent
I'm intrigued by this. This is the first I've read of NOT using a progressive scan player but instead an interlaced one with this projector. Right now we use our Xbox as the DVD player, but it does not do progressive scan for DVDs. Would we get a better picture by continuing to use that as the DVD player (component output) instead of getting a stand alone DVD player (was planning on getting a progressive scan).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks