What's new

infocus 4805-great deal (1 Viewer)

JunC

Auditioning
if anybody is interested costco is selling the 4805 for $999(with a $100 coupon and after $100 mail-in rebate)
this includes a free 76 inch screen.
i recently purchased it for $1224.99,but i think i will return and get it for the new price

Pat Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up one of these deals from Costco yesterday, and they still had a lot of 'em in stock, so it looks like the deal is ongoing.

Kirk Patrick

Stunt Coordinator
slightly off topic but does anyone know if a costco membership can be used in both canada and the us?

ie. can i join here in canada and go to seattle to buy the 4805?

tia

JunC

Auditioning
they do have costco online but the deal is only good at the wherehouse
not available online

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I have a couple of questions on this deal...... I live in Maine....we have no Costco's. The nearest one is in New Hampshire. I called them and they said they do carry it and they are selling it for 1200$ I asked the woman about the sale and rebate thing and she knew nothing about it. Do you have to be a current member to get the deal?? Is this coupon something that people got in the mail and the rebate is a "bonus" for those people. I am looking at getting this projector near the end of January and if I can score it for $1,000 I would be all over that!! Anyone have anymore info or advice??

JunC

Auditioning
i believe only current members received the coupon booklet
i am not sure about the rebate

JunC

Auditioning
as i was on my out to costco today, my wife pointed that out to me
i apologize to everyone for not having read the coupon carefully

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Anyone have a coupon they are not going to use and wants to send one to me?? Seriously.....

Doug C.

Auditioning
Seriously, during the time when the coupon is valid, there are usually plenty to be had at Costco itself. Sometimes they even hand them out at the door. You should be fine without one.

Will-Layfield

Stunt Coordinator
hows this deal work again? The projector has to be purchased after jan 31 of 2005? And is it 999 after the $100 mail in rebate or before? Sorry but this sounds like an amazing deal!

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
The way I understand it is that the projector is $1,199 reguarly at Costco. The coupon is for 100$ off plus you get a 100$ rebate to mail in....which will bring the price to 999$ once you get the rebate check. Someone correct me if I am wrong......

Mike W-

Auditioning
I just got a book from there. It is good only through Jan 31 through Feb 6. So if you want one, you will have one week to buy it.

Mike W-

Auditioning
Also dose any one have any info on the 76" screen that it comes with? (Brand, pull down vs wall mount, gain)

Thanks

Pat Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Assuming the screen they're talking about with the coupon is the same one that Costco is providing in-store (which seems likely), it's labeled as an Infocus "HW-HTScreen76". It's a 76" 16x9 home theater screen of the pull-down variety, pretty clearly designed for mounting. A piece of paper in the box gives some scanty mounting instructions for ceiling or wall. No screws or anything were included, but it does have a bracket for mounting on each end.

No idea on the gain. But I have a wall painted more or less white, and when I hold up the screen (which I haven't mounted yet) the image is clearly brighter.

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
About the coupon. I have a business membership and don't ever recieve coupon books. So this weekend I went in to Costco to check it out. Sure enough it was listed at $1399 with $175 instant rebate. Makeing the whole deal $1224. I then went to the customer service center and told them I thought that pj was on sale for like $1199 with 2 $100 rebates. He asked me what pj it was and everything, looked it up on his computer and saw that was a "future" price. He then pulled out one of those coupon books and looked through it to find the pj listed at 1199 with 2 $100 rebates. I asked him how you get one of those coupon books and told him I have a business membership. He told me I could have that book.
Moral of the story - just go to the service center and ask them for a coupon book. More than likely they'll give one to you.
This coupon and pricing is ONLY valid from Jan. 31 - Feb 6 and it does inlcude the 76" screen as well as a 30' SVideo cable. My birthday is Jan 14, but I'm waiting till the 31st to get this for my birthday.

richArm

Auditioning
if you miss the deal, let me know. ive got a guy with a h/t business who was going to get me the 4805 for 1000.00 which is wholesale. i might wait for the costco thing and get the extra screen myself, if i can wait that is. i know i'm new here, just trying to help.

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator

Why have to go to the trouble of returning it and then buying another? If you talk to them about having just purchased the 4805 for $1224.99, and that there is now the new price about one month later, won't Costco simply give you an adjustment (as well as a new receipt to mail in for the rebate) to match the new deal? I would think that if you explain this to them that they would allow you to do what I've described, especially if you let them know that the alternative is to do the return and repurchase. You'd think they would want to do what's needed to keep open box returns to a minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks