What's new

Infocus 1, Room Size and Screen Size (1 Viewer)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Is it possible to use the Infocus 1 in a room that is about 11' wide and only 13' deep or is this a waste of time? If it is possible what size screen would work out? Looking at this as an alternative to a 51" Toshiba TV. Any ideas would be helpful.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Chad

I have a 11 by 13 with the X1 set up and it working really well. My screen size is 78" dia and it looks great. It is of course very important that you optimize every inch you have.

I chose to use Goo screen paint directly on the wall to avoid any loss (not that it would have mattered really) from a screen.

I thought about the RPTV route and even the Samsung DLP's ate away at my precious space so the X1 really made sense in the room.

I do have one concern though. I just moved into this house and am remodeling so I painted the one wall and set the X1 up to make sure this was how I wanted it. I was able to tune the X1 in and am very happy BUT... I haven't tried my sound system in this room and I am worried about the very close to square room. I know that is about the worst possible instance. Have you had any problems in your room?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Neil,
I looked at that but since I don't know much about projectors yet I am confused on it a little. Any help would be appreciated.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The X1 is front ported so you can place the projector pretty close to the back of the room. You would be looking at something close to 11' from screen to the projector's lens. Plug in the 11' into the java applet program and see what screen size you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks