What's new

Infinity TSS 450 speaker set (1 Viewer)

howard_

Auditioning
I have a Pioneer 110 watt per channel reciever and I bought the Infinity tss 450 speaker set. It is 100 watts. I had the speakers hooked up and within 10 minutes, they started crackling. I could stand next to the reciever with no problem of being to loud. Do you think those were just defective speakers or do I need some that are at least 110 watts?

John S

Senior HTF Member
All the speakers were crackling?? Sounds like a bad cable on the input source to me. I can imagine blowing every speaker at the same time.

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
no need for any 110's ull be hard pressed to find them cheap and u probably were only sending less than 40 to them anyway it could have been bad cabling like john said or a bad recording or something like that.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I would agree with evan and john. I dont think its even possible to blow 5 speakers at once. Plus those infinitys can handle some decent power.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If it isn't a bad hook up, my next and probably more likely choice would be that something is configured wrong. Do you have all speakers set to SMALL in the receiver's speaker setup menu? What is your x-over set to, if so? Do you have them hooked directly to the receiver or the sub's speaker level connections? With a little more info, we should be able to figure it out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks