1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Infinity (New) Kappa Speakers...Thoughts!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Trilo A, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Trilo A

Trilo A New Member

Just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with these new Infinities.

They look beautiful and should sound great. I like the new Infinity sound (CMMD Drivers) but have not heard these. I have a friend that can get them wholesale for me at about 35% off list. I was thinking about the 600's, Center, and 4 200's for the rear. Just let me know what you guys think fo what you have heard or seen.

2. Jaime B

Jaime B Well-Known Member

3. LanceJ

LanceJ Well-Known Member

Historically, British audio reviewers have usually preferred warm sounding equipment, so it's no surprize they didn't particularly like these Infinitys. A review of some Boston Acoustics a couple years ago by another British magazine said something to the effect that "they were another typically brash American design".

LJ

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Well-Known Member

I looked at these guys as well. There is another review floating about too, that wasn't that complementary as well (DVD Etc maybe). I was disappointed in that they are good looking speakers. But then my conclusion was that maybe they didn't pay enough attention to sonics. I went with Mirage OM-7's.

5. Robb Roy

Robb Roy Well-Known Member

Being speakers you need to listen for yourself, but I personally really like Infinity speakers. DVD Etc. may have done multiple reviews, but at least one of them was so glowing that Infinity uses it on their Web site: look at resources box.

-Robb

6. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Well-Known Member

Either my memory is faulty (possible at my age [​IMG] ), or maybe I was comparing the DVD Etc review to another speaker that DVD Etc reviewed even better.

And, just for kicks, here was another review that I had found:

http://www.audioimports.com/reviews/K600/K600.htm