What's new

Infamous should make you glad to own a PS3 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
In my mailbox yesterday I find the latest issue of Game Informer. Cover Story: Infamous 2 Preview! :)

It looks pretty awesome, aside from them changing Cole's character design and voice actor. Apparently he was too "grumpy." Riiiiight. . . :(

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I guess I like "grumpy", because I don't care for the new look and I really dislike the voice. I hope the game play makes up for the destruction of the character.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
VERY dissappointed in the last half ot Infamous2. Love the first one; the second one drives becomes monotonous and the plot is horrible after about the half way point. The endings are bogus. BAH!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That's too bad. How are the game editor and player-generated additional content? That stuff sounds better than the main game.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The player generated missions are fun, and they have no real bearing on the game. The problem is, they can (and are) often used to cheat the game, by allowing you to build up power and experience to buy powers without really earning it.. so it's a mixed bag there. Some of them are great fun, some are too hard (ridiculous) and some are difficult to make sense of. But the game as a whole, less the story is entertaining. But the story of the first one was very good so the fact that hte second story is "bah" sucks.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I received mine a day early. I don't know if the early reviews give it enough praise, all seem to have it between an 8-9.5. But it is one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen.
Bonus: day one content update (downloaded) gives you 5 hours of extra side missions.. and the DLC is free.

It took me a short bit to get used to the controls, but this game is just fantastic. I enjoy the storyline, the replay value is high (I'll definitely play through at least twice to play all the way good then -maybe- bad) but the things they do with graphics in this game is what I've been waiting for with Next Gen. I thought Tomb Raider on the PS4 was awesome.. this makes that look like an upconverted port (which it is) and just .. wow. Great, great game.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looks like I'm out on that one. SONY raised the price of that game to 70 bucks in Canada. I have a hard time justifying spending 60 bucks on a game. 70 is out of the question. I'll finish playing out the ones I have now. By that time, maybe the price will have dropped to something reasonable or it will end up on PS+ for free.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Are both Infamous-es Sony exclusives?
Is there an succinct comparison of exclusives for 360 vs PS3, and XBO vs PS4?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Dunno.Maybe I'm playing it wrong but it seems brutally hard to me.
Really? It's been fine for me once you remember do a bunch of side missions in between each story mission to power up. That said, I'm at the Video angel and that fight is whipping up on me.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
You can change the difficulty settings. The thing with these games, IIRC, is to do side missions and try to use as many of your skills as possible. That said, I've read that liberating a district is very hard to do until you're most of the way through the game, so you can only do so much at a time.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Gameplay, and graphics are fine. I just wish you could skip the cut scenes. I'm really not caring much about the story of the game.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
mattCR said:
Really? It's been fine for me once you remember do a bunch of side missions in between each story mission to power up. That said, I'm at the Video angel and that fight is whipping up on me.
I just finished the first real fight against the dudes in heavy armor. It was a bitch to get him down, took me maybe 15 tries, and I had to search ALL OVER for more smoke, even going outside the gated fence area for it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Sam Posten said:
I just finished the first real fight against the dudes in heavy armor. It was a bitch to get him down, took me maybe 15 tries, and I had to search ALL OVER for more smoke, even going outside the gated fence area for it.
Well, that's probably your first problem.

The guys in armor are a hell of a lot easier to handle with either Neon or Video. It's a PITA to handle with Smoke. Smoke is cool to awesome against normal guys, but the armored guys it sucks balls.. the rapid fire nature of Video or the suspension and time delay on Neon make all the difference

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks