What's new

Indiana Jones 5 (1 Viewer)

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I don't see Spielberg coming back. Honestly I really don't think he liked the last script, but Lucas wouldn't accept Darabont's script so that was that.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale

:laugh:

I know what you mean...

I for one look forward too seeing another Indy movie on the bigscreen, can't say I've ever not enjoyed an Indiana Jones movie. Love 'um! :D

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Look at the bright side ... if people complain about a new movie like this, it gives others their usual chance to police opinions and complain that others are complaining!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I hope it gets made for the fans
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I just don't want Spielberg to do it. He has a long "to do" list, and I'd rather he spent time on those films. That was my only point :D

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I wouldn't mind if they did a hybrid story with Ford as Indy and a younger actor as Young Indy, and give themselves the opportunity to grow the series away from Ford. I know it's considered sacrilegious by many, but I think the series could exist beyond Harrison Ford. The character is strong like Bond.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The bad news about this, is that there will probably not be a BD release of the first three films until they abandon the idea or a fifth film is actually made. Either way, it's a long way off.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'd be up for it. The fourth film is a solid, if insubstantial, ride. I can't say it's any worse than the other two sequels though. The screenplay makes a difference. If whoever would write it at least ASPIRES to Raiders of the Lost Ark, we could probably get the best sequel yet. Harrison's still got it. Karen Allen still had the qualities that made her charismatic. Even Shia was not problematic.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'd like to see another one, preferably sooner rather than later. Obviously, we don't have another 19 years to wait for the sequel.

Maybe one that is set in the late 50s and flashes back to WWII?

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

I would be up for something dealing with his WWII days. Be interesting to see Indy as a soldier.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, we've already seen Indy as a soldier in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. I think Crystal Skull implied that he was a spy, anyway, working for the OSS.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Maybe this series will be the opposite of Star Trek's track record, where here every odd numbered Indy film is better received.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Not to put down The Crystal Skull, but I felt the ending was it's weakest aspect and the Temple of Doom wasn't my favorite.

Simon Young

Stunt Coordinator
The only way I'm interested in seeing a fifth Raiders movie is if they finally do what they should've done years ago and adapt Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, the amazing computer game by LucasArts. They could easily set it in the 50s and replace the Nazis with Russians - in fact the Cold War backdrop would suit it rather nicely. I wanna see Indy using an amber fish on a string to find orichalcum beads, arranging stone discs to gain entrance to the Atlantean outposts, evading villains in the desert by hot air balloon, piloting a submarine to the bottom of the ocean and finally discovering the secret of Atlantis.

Who's with me?!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I dont understand the hate for Temple of Doom. It wasnt that bad. Yes Capshaw was annoying as hell but to me that was the only thing that bugged me. Crusade and Skull both annoyed me cause of the slapstick comedy in them. Raiders and Doom had a bit of humor but didnt get silly like Crusade and Skull did.

Joe_G

Second Unit

Agreed, although, the script that ended getting shot was the draft that Spielberg hammered out with Koepp. If Spielberg wants to come back, I hope he does it because he wants to. From what I read about Indy 4, Spielberg seemed to come across as the one who wanted Indy 4 the least, and directed the film "for the fans", which is the wrong mentality. If SS doesn't come back and Indy 5 does happen, will Lucas helm the directors chair? Or would he not do the film at all if SS isn't on board?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Wonder if this will be the film where the whip gets handed down to Jones' kid and he takes the lead role?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks