What's new

"Incredible Hulk" Blu-ray: Planned with 70 Minutes of Cut Footage? (1 Viewer)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
There's no review thread for the Blu Ray of this yet. :frowning:

I can't believe it!

I never got to see this movie. Is it worth a blind buy on BD? I'm inclined to pick it up (love action and superhero movies). But I wouldn't buy BDs of Daredevil or Ghost Rider. Is this in that category or better?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Better. I think it is safe to say that the majority opinion of this film is that it is better than Daredevil or Ghost Rider.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor

I have no problem shining the light on a director who came right out and said you would see every deleted scene (used the term suicide cut) and that you would see Captain America in the theatrical version.

No one is pulling this info out of their hats, HE said it.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Where? The interviews says that Letterier "hopes he can" and "he's trying", but never says what you're claiming. Not to mention his words were from before the studio got a chance to look at the proposed extras.

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
I believe the wrong disc issue is affecting Canada. FutureShop has a sign stating the blu-ray will be released on friday instead of today.
I went to the nearest Wal-Marde and they were taking them off the shelves. One of the workers said they heard it was an issue with the digital copy, but then I overheard the other workers talking about a call from a guy who just bought it, everything on the box and disc showed Incredable Hulk, popped it in, and was presented Ang Lee's HULK.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I spun the Blu of this tonight, very good indeed, as good as Iron Man, no. It lacked the "cool" factor that Iron Man had. But, this is a very good film, as good as Lee's film, no. I still like his film better. Lee's film had better acting, better story telling and overall a better Hulk.

This does have one of the most amazing DTS-MA tracks I've ever heard. The channel separation is excellent while creating a very immersive sound field. Amazing! The image quality is also very good but after demoing "For Your Eyes Only" for my wife before the film, it falls short of being "that good".

All-n-all a very well done film and one worthy to add to the Blu collection.

Oh, and that ending, I had the biggest smile after seeing that. Yet another sign that Iron Man owns the comic book movie genre.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'd like to make a critique of the Blu-ray release of The Incredible Hulk that no one has mentioned yet. Menu spoilers. If you're going into this disc without ever having seen the film be warned - the video running behind the main menu gives away numerous scenes that are better left discovered during the unfolding of the story. Perhaps this is a nitpick, but it really bothers me when a studio assumes that everyone who buys a DVD/Blu-ray disc has already seen the movie. First timers beware...

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston

This is a huge peeve for me that I wish the studios would stop. It's the main reason I prefer the movie to start as soon as you pop in the disc.

Loregnum

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob

thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to quickly start the movie.

I also agree that studios should not do these silly video menus and give away stuff that is in the film.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
^ There's one in every crowd.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks