What's new

"Incredible Hulk" Blu-ray: Planned with 70 Minutes of Cut Footage? (1 Viewer)

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor

He also said, in that interview, the Captain America was in the film, I believe his words were "You will see him".

I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

To speculate on the 70 minutes of deleted scenes (I don't think you will ever see an extended cut, that would make it seem like the director didn't like his final cut) there seems to be a 3 disc set for the SD version.
Why would you need 3 discs unless you had a boat load of content.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

:D

"Incredible Hulk - Dir cut" WILL arrive at some point. It´s a done deal, I´m sure. Just a question of "when"..

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

I thought I heard that Edward Norton came in to edit his version of the film, and that one got released?
I definitely heard that the director had to edit down his version, because the studio wanted the film to be around 110 minutes? (it became 114, I think). So if 70 minutes are correct, I don't know, but there is a longer director's cut out there.
I hope we do get it, because I can't wait to see Captain America frozen in the ice. I was a bit disappointed I didn't see that in the theatrical version. The film itself was great, though.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
The aforementioned G4 interview with Louis Leterrier is available here. He claims that all of the deleted scenes will be on the DVD, but that they will not be incorporated into the film itself. "For me, there is only one cut of the movie," he says.

He also addresses the Norton/editing issue.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

Wow, there aren't many directors who actually go out and say that the theatrical cut is their final cut. So, we won't see an extended one (which is fine, if the director insists the film doesn't need one) but the Cap scene should be in the bonus material. Any way, it's fine by me.

Martin Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yer Da
Actually, it's the interview I'm referring to,which was done during a press-junket to promote the film. Sorry I didn't cross the Ts and dot the lower-case Js. There's always someone anal-retentive enough to point out others shortcomings, isn't there? :cool:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
When they do an extended cut he'll just say "I was happy with the theatrical cut but this version adds more depth to the characters and a bigger look at the world of the Hulk." It's not like that's an uncommon statement.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
Once again here are the deleted scenes that will be on the Blu-ray/DVD.

They are in the British 'speeded up' format and will total about 50 minutes after adjusting the time for the US speed.
The 'Alternate opening' will be one bonus section and the rest of the deleted in another.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE INCREDIBLE HULK ('08) - (BONUS: DELETED SCENES) [Additional material] ( Video 17/07/2008 ) Runtime: 41m 58s
Director: Not known Cast: Not known
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE INCREDIBLE HULK - SCENE-EXPLORER: ANGLE B [Additional material] ( Video 11/07/2008 ) Runtime: 26m 41s

THE INCREDIBLE HULK [FEATURE WITH COMMENTARY, Additional material, Audio commentary] ( Video 11/07/2008 ) Runtime: 107m 35s
Director: Louis Leterrier Cast: Edward Norton,Liv Tyler,Tim Roth

THE INCREDIBLE HULK - BONUS: BECOMING THE ABOMINATION [Additional material] ( Video 11/07/2008 ) Runtime: 10m 13s

THE INCREDIBLE HULK - BONUS: ALTERNATE OPENING [Additional material] ( Video 11/07/2008 ) Runtime: 2m 33s

THE INCREDIBLE HULK - SCENE-

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
Here are the individual breakdowns of the deleted scenes..........
You can see they include all the chatacter stuff Norton wanted in.......

The director specifically said some of the deleted stuff was great and some was lousy. So any future longer cut will be a lot less than 50-70 minutes longer--unless he puts back in even the 'lousy' stuff .

BBFC reference AVV251048

THE INCREDIBLE HULK ('08) - (BONUS: DELETED SCENES) Video Feature
Classified 17 July, 2008 . Run Time 41m 58s

Consumer Advice: No consumer advice is available for this work

This work was passed with no cuts made.

The BBFC has placed this work in the ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION MATERIAL genre(s). The main spoken language in this work is English.

Directed by Not known
The cast for this work includes: Not known.

When submitted to the BBFC the work had a running time of 41m 58s.

This work was submitted to the BBFC by Universal Pictures (UK) Ltd .
Universal Pictures (UK) Ltd identified this work as Additional material

General Remarks
General Remarks

Widescreen,Additional material,

This work is made up of a number of separate components.
Note that since February 2001 the BBFC has measured each component separately, but older works may not have the exact details, only a list of titles.
00:03:15:23 (DELETED SCENE 01 (W/ DIRECTOR INTRODUCTION): BRUCE IN BRAZIL)
00:00:44:00 (DELETED SCENE 02: BRUCE MEDITATES)
00:00:38:14 (DELETED SCENE 03: SEARCHING FOR THE FLOWER)
00:01:21:23 (DELETED SCENE 04: BUILDING THE LAB)
00:02:47:12 (DELETED SCENE 05: AFTER THE BOTTLING FACTORY / GENERAL GRELLER)
00:04:29:18 (DELETED SCENE 06: ROSS AND BLONSKY CONSPIRE (EXTENDED))
00:01:43:20 (DELETED SCENE 07: BRUCE DELIVERS PIZZA)
00:00:49:18 (DELETED SCENE 08: THE COMPUTER LAB)
00:00:48:01 (DELETED SCENE 09: BRUCE AND STANLEY)
00:00:51:09 (DELETED SCENE 10: BRUCE MEETS LEONARD)
00:03:17:15 (DELETED SCENE 11: BRUCE AND BETTY TALK)
00:01:28:07 (DELETED SCENE 12: DINNER WITH BRUCE)
00:01:24:00 (DELETED SCENE 13: THE ORCHID)
00:00:30:22 (DELETED SCENE 14: BETTY AND LEONARD)
00:04:15:16 (DELETED SCENE 14: BRUCE AND LEONARD / LEONARD'S HOUSE - THE NEXT MORNING)
00:01:44:07 (DELETED SCENE 16: BRUCE'S GUILT)
00:02:59:12 (DELETED SCENE 17: NATURE'S MYSTERY)
00:01:18:18 (DELETED SCENE 18: MOTEL ROOM CONVERSATION)
00:01:23:03 (DELETED SCENE 19: ROSS AND GRELLER)
00:00:22:02 (DELETED SCENE 20: PAWN SHOP)
00:01:22:24 (DELETED SCENE 21: ON THE HULK HUNT)
00:02:35:11 (DELETED SCENE 22: ROSS AND SPARR)
00:01:45:10 (DELETED SCENE 23 (W/ COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER): LEONARD CALLS BETTY)
A film or video, together with associated trailers may exist in several versions and all versions known to the BBFC are listed below.

Category Type Date Company Run Time Cut Title
Video 17/07/2008 Universal Pictures (UK) Ltd 41m 58s THE INCREDIBLE HULK ('08) - (BONUS: DELETED SCENES)

Details are likely to be more complete and accurate for the version submitted most recently.
When a film is transferred to video the running time will be shorter by approximately 4% due to the differing number of frames per second. This does not mean that the video version has been cut or re-edited.
This entry was last updated 17/07/2008

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
It's probably just a rental for me until the inevitable dir's cut comes out. Who knows? Maybe we'll eventually get 3 different cuts (to include Norton's). :P

_Man_

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
This should be at least interesting: Commentary with Director Louis Leterrier and Tim Roth. Then again, I doubt that Leterrier reveals that much at this point..

Eric F

Screenwriter
In The Hulk Returns (aka The Hulk Gets the Blues) I'd like to see The Hulk vs The Cookie Monster in a no holds barred cage match.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

I guess he´s talking about those running times (in PAL-format in BBFC-site)? Or something? I guess PAL for Camper is "British 'speeded up' format". It has many names.. ;)

I believe most of the (SD based) extras are in "NTSC", even in the European Blu-ray-releases (with some exceptions, of course).

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, tell me about it. Nothing like the feeling of being a monkey in a lab experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks