1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

In wall/ ceiling speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by spphoenix, Jul 22, 2010.

1. spphoenix

spphoenix Member

Hello all,

I am looking to install 2 in wall speakers and 4 in ceiling speakers in my house, along with a center. I was looking at polk's lci and tci series (80's for the ceiling, 265's for the wall), and the CSi5 for the center. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I'm going to notice a significant difference between the two, and if you had any other suggestions for speakers I should be looking at? Thanks.

2. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave
    Hi Steven

If you have the option, do not use in-ceiling for anything other than background music (like in the supermarket). I would suggest the same for in-walls (although they can sound good with proper planning and installation).

If you do not have the option, I understand. We all make comprises. I just wanted to make you aware of this one.

3. spphoenix

spphoenix Member

Yeah, I have heard that, quite a bit. No, due to the room if I didanything other than in wall in ceiling it would be a little uneven. That's why I'm wondering if I would still be happy with these?

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Well-Known Member

In run in-ceilings in my bedroom system and they sound great as surround speakers to me in that installation. My bedroom system is pretty modest though. Love the look.

5. Guest

well spphoenix i think you had made a right choice for installing wall speaker.. i have been using polk-audio-am1055 they just work and sound well ...