What's new

In the Shadow of the Moon availability (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
My Amazon order including this got held up, so I cancelled it, the order shipped, and I'll just re-order with the next batch. Anyone else buying from Amazon who has actually had his/her copy ship already?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks for sharing, Jeff! Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking foolish things when caught in the shine of those silvery discs!

kwiebe

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken Wiebe
Can anyone help with a question about this title?

I'm confused about the aspect ratio(s) available for this title. I've found it on several websites, but it's unclear what aspect ratio applies, and whether there are multiple versions or not. I've even tried to track it by UPC, and doing that seems to indicate there is only one version that was produced/distributed.

The most common description I've found is that the title is 1.78:1 widescreen. But I have also seen it listed as Fullscreen! Any help?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I've got the UK HD DVD pre-ordered. I saw it in a theater and some of the footage they've got is breathtakingly beautiful. I expect the disc to be absolutely worth the money being extracted.

Of course, the watching to see whether or not Channel 4 cancels the HD DVD release in the next three weeks is killing me. :)

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Hence my hope for a BD release. If the US doesn't get one, perhaps Channel 4 — having shown itself not indifferent to the potential — will get on board (& region-free) rather than just abandoning High Definition. At least Image has some contact with BD (& HD-DVD), as distributors for Bandai Visual's Honneamise line. The flagship title Wings of Honneamise was released only as a set with either BD & DVD or HD-DVD & DVD. I bought one of the former, as the latter had not been discounted, & In the Shadow of the Moon has not actually come out on HD-DVD ; if these two conditions had been different, I think I might have been persuaded to buy a HD-DVD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks