What's new

In The Heat of the Night (1967) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

67587_large.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mon Dieu! About time!

Great, Sony! Now ... time for THE LION IN WINTER!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It's available at Foxconnect. With the coupon "FLASH" it was only $6.50. Ordered with Sunrise which is $9.50. This coupon is addictive. .

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Transfer quality whining going on elsewhere; has anyone here seen the blu-ray yet?

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Just watching it now on a Plasma screen. Picture is clean and sharp. Colors are good. Blacks are strong. Detail is better than I ever remember it looking. Grain is there. I can't see why anyone would complain.
Definite difference compared to the 40th Anniversary SD dvd. Colors and detail are stronger on blu.
I noticed a tiny bit of picture jitter on the DVD that I did not see on the new blu-ray.

I will watch it on the big screen later and update my post if I notice anything.

BIANCO2NERO

Agent
Real Name
Sergio Angelini
All the screengrabs I have seen for this one suggest that, as with the previous anniversary DVD release, the image has been been squeezed vertically making everyone look just a little wider than they should - it is certainly very clear when compared with the earlier DVD release.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Rob Mac said:
If you expect it to look polished like X-Men, you might be disappointed because it never did.
Correct! I saw this film when it first came out and it was never a "pretty" movie. Wexler's cinematography was expressive, not elegant.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Got to say after closer inspection of the screen caps (at first I thought they looked great) it has quite a fair old bit of EE and DNR. Why do they do it????????

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Screen caps I saw are softer looking than what I see on my TV. I don't see evidence of DNR. Detail is noticeably better in the blu-ray. As for squished picture, if you look at publicity pictures of Sidney Poitier's face and compare them to the original DVD and the new blu-ray, it looks more like the original was squeezed.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
I have a feeling you might have the sharpness setiting on your tv turned up. Definit DNR going on also . But not a disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks