What's new

In Living Color is coming to DVD (1 Viewer)

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I just cant wait till (whichever season this skit is in )Where Jim carrey is an alcoholic and he keeps refering to .....PORK AND BEANS !!! that shit still makes me laugh to this day !!!! Thank god this set hits 3 Days after my 30th birthday !! Thank you fox!... you didnt screw this one up like the Family Guy set ( cut commentaries) :emoji_thumbsup: or release a best of dvd ....I guess they learned from the Married with children best of discs ...ONLY SEASON SETS !!! NO MORE BEST OF'S

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
This is cool. But I have concerns if we'll get uncut episodes or not. Especially Episode IV: Transitions. Since there was a commercial parody from that episode that was cut for PC reasons. Here's the info from TVTome.com. :)

The sketch "Bolt 45" was seen only once during the original broadcast. The sketch (about beer so strong it can help you score with women by making them pass out) was omitted from repeats because some felt it was making light of date rape.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
But I have concerns if we'll get uncut episodes or not.
I have to admit that I share those concerns. And your example is a good place to start. Nobody has told Gord (or myself, for that matter) that these are original, uncut, as broadcast, no changes - in music or otherwise - in the content.

I fear that it's been so long since I've seen these that I won't be able to tell. I hope someone has tapes from broadcast somewhere in the back of a closet to compare these to.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
That Jim Carrey skit "Dysfunktional Family" was actually one of the later (post Wayans) seasons.

I'm in the minority but I love the later seasons (even the last one).

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
But I have concerns if we'll get uncut episodes or not.
There was also a special half time show during one superbowl that was edited in reruns because they offended a few people.

I would love to have the unedited version of that show! Unfortunately, the parts they cut out were the funniest.

JimmyK

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
According to TVShowsOnDVD.com
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=906

The release date of February 3, is no longer correct with the set being delayed for 2 or 3 months. Major bummer, I've had 2 of my Feb 3, releases delayed now with this and News Radio, next up...Good Times?

Anyway, I wonder what the reason for the delay is, I'm not going to guess music clearance, because I'd think that they wouldn't make an announcement until after getting the clearance not the other way around, but who knows?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I have no clue as to the reason for the delay, but I doubt it's music-clearance related. Due to the brevity of the delay, I think it's just a bit more production time needed, or it otherwise fits in better with their planning schedule.

Just my opinion, but a rights-related matter would almost certainly take longer than the planned 2-3 months.

As to where that window of time came from: I didn't want to explain it all in the news item, but here I have an audience who I'm *certain* knows a bit more about the DVD industry, so I'll explain briefly (questions are welcome):

Original street date was 2/3, with an order-due date sometime in January (I forget when exactly, but 1/7 comes to mind). Now Fox's press site (password protected, so I can't link you) says that the street date and the order date are both shown as 4/1/2004. Well, the orders can't be due on the same day the product streets, so one of those date is wrong, I deduce: the data entry person input the same date into both fields. So which one is wrong?

Since 4/1 is a Thursday, then the street date must be wrong, I reasoned out. Order Due dates can be any old weekday, but Street Dates are almost always Tuesday and are never on a Thursday.

So my "reason to believe that the actual new street date is in April or May" is based on the fact that 4 or 5 weeks is the rough timeframe between order-due dates and street dates. I'm guessing either 4/27 or 5/4 is the right street date.

All that is based on a critical assumption that 4/1 is a "correct" date for EITHER field. If not, then all my reasoning above goes to hell in a handbasket. :D

We'll try to find out what the deal is and let you guys know, though...we're anxious for this one, too. Lemme show you something! (Ha Ha ha ha hahahaha....) [/fire marshall bill]

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
David, thanks for the info. Heck, I'm just happy to know that its coming out, this 1 caught me completely off guard because I remember in a Fox chat they said it wasn't likely to hit DVD due to music issues.

If it comes out in April/May than that just frees up more money in Feb, which I can use on another title perhaps Giligan's Island.

Dan Kaplan

Stunt Coordinator
Bring back The Tooth!!

Too bad it got pushed back. 2/3 is my b-day, which would have made for a cool release date. I believe the Rain Man SE "re-issue" is that day, so at least there's one meaningful release still.

Dan

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
David, thanks for the update, this is the first April release I will mark as a definite must buy, well this and Dick Van Dyke season 4.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Is that the rumored date for Matrix Revolutions? Heh...that choice of date may actually help sales and awareness, since folks will be in-stores anyway. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks