What's new

In Iraq, TV Advice for when I return (1 Viewer)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
No problem Jim, I just think you all deserve all the credit in the world....

The DILA as far as I know is a rear projection set....kind of in the same realm as the DLP and LCD RP sets. The off axis viewing seems to be better though on the DILA than it did on some of the Sammy DLP sets I looked at. If it were my decision I would get the DILA by a large margin over the Sammy DLP and I would get the Sony LCD's third. All of them are FABULOUS TV's but after viewing all 3 calibrated the DILA was just much nicer then the other 2. It is very close between the Sammy and the Sony but to be honest to me the deciding factor is that the Samsung seems to have a bit better track record than the Sony and I also like the "small" cabinet on the Samsung. I really think the Sony is quite an eyesore with its' huge speakers on the side a bright silver finish. As for picture quality between the 2.....The Dlp has the better conrast and blacks....while I would give the nod to the Sony when it comes to color representation. I am a DLP guy though so I am a bit diased maybe. The DILA had the great blacks and great color....plus that this is BRIGHT!! It does need to be toned down a bit. A good calibration with Avia or DVE is will get all of them looking real nice. Good luck

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
As far as RPTV goes I personally like the Mitsubishi DLP sets. They have a new LCOS version that does 1080p. You can read about the various models here.

I did a side by side comparison with the JVC LCOS, Samsung, Sony and Panasonic RPTVs and to MY eye the Mits had the best overall picture no matter what you put into it.

I have the model 62725 and absolutely love it.

I concur with all the others in this thread that if you watch mostly movies I wouldn't hesitate in getting an FPTV for your movies (you will believe that you are in a theater with this choice) and an RPTV for regular TV viewing. You could get a great RPTV with screen and your RPTV for your $5K price range with no problem.

Parker

David_Bl

Grip
Parker,

How's the antiglare sheild on the mits sets? Is it like my TOSH, you really need to take it off for the set to shine?

David

Tommie

Agent
damn... they let you guys surf the web? :P

hehe, i have an question... during the veitnam war many soliders didn't know why they was in war, they felt like it had no meaning..

Do you feel the same? i mean, u got saddam...

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
David:

The anti-glare screen on my Mits hasn't been a problem with overall image quality but there again I haven't tried to take it off yet as I have a 5 year old that loves to touch the screen. To me it appears to be pretty transparent.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks