What's new

In-Ceiling Speakers and Home Theatre (1 Viewer)

kcs007

Auditioning
Real Name
Chandra
Hello Gurus,I need your suggestions regarding my brand new in-ceiling Speakers that are installed by a builder for my new home. I've total 8 speakers in which 6 of them are in first level and 2 speakers are in my master bedroom upstairs. I've also want to setup my existing Bose speakers for my LCD TV that is in the living room. My requirement is to play each of them independently without disturbing other. That is 1)I would like to control TV volume through Bose speakers and 2) My wife can listen to music at the kitchen thats in the first level and 3) At the same time my son can listen to his music through upstairs speakers.Do i need to buy both multichannel Amplifier and the multi zone Receiver? Can you suggest any brand. My budget is $1000 for both. Appreciate your valuable suggestions.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Uhm...hhhmmm...

These 8 speakers...are these in a total of 4 rooms? Three rooms? Two rooms?

What Bose? Self-powered Acoustimass? 901? 701? 201? 101?

kcs007

Auditioning
Real Name
Chandra
Yes, They are in 4 rooms(1 pair in Kitchen, one in family, one in dining and one pair in upstairs bedroom). My Bose system is Acoustimass 16 II with sub-woofer. Thanks for the reply

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This replaces the third thing I linked...

So, you are at $1200-ish, bargain basement.

I can't find(on Amazon) a 2x4 analog matrix with volume control. Everywhere I look otherwise...they are $600+ anyway.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Truthfully.

Your "budget" is useless for this endeavor.

http://www.amazon.com/Russound-Multizone-Controller-Amplifier-System/dp/B001F6CDYY/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1365540230&sr=1-4&keywords=russound+a-c

There is your, easy to use, 4 zone control. Should have been put in the same time as the speakers.

Otherwise, how do you intend to "control" it?

The $1200 I link before, you have to go to the room where the matrix is to change inputs, change volume and everything else.

Problems in your $1000 budget.

1. You don't have room for an AVR with Zone 2/3 pre-out. Just line-out (line out means you need external volume control. Pre-out means your AVR has volume control. Nothing fits in your budget with pre-out)
2. Amps for 4 zone are $300+, if you chose an AVR with Zone 2/3 pre-out.
3. Since you don't have room for an "appropriate AVR", and the pre-plan wasn't done, you need an AVR to control it all.

Raise your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks