1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

In Ceiling Install Question

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by HuskerFan24, Nov 6, 2009.

1. HuskerFan24

HuskerFan24 Member

I just finished construction on my living room and need to set up my speakers. I have four JBL SP6CSII, which are two way speakers. I want to set each speaker on a single channel. What is the easiest way to do this? I am newer to speaker installation so any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Speaker info: http://www.jbl.com/EN-US/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?PID=SP6CSII

2. AaronPo

AaronPo Member

Do the speakers have two separate connections (4 post, 2 red, 2 black)? Maybe I'm confused, but i would assume that you could run 4 speaker wires 1 set to each speaker?. I have to do ceiling mounted speakers for my rear surrounds (due to living room layout (I'm using the polk R60i's) .

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt Well-Known Member

Wayne
    [FONT= ]It appears like they should have two sets of binding posts. [/FONT]If you want each speaker to be one channel only, just run a single speaker wire to each one – just like a normal speaker. [FONT= ] [/FONT] [FONT= ]Regards,[/FONT] [FONT= ]Wayne A. Pflughaupt[/FONT]