What's new

In an hour and a half, my thirties are GONE!!!! :( (1 Viewer)

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Happy Birthday!! I'll meet up with ya in December.

I'm kind of looking forward to it. For my diminutive 3-0 my wife and I held a wake. I wore a suit...laid out on a table (beer in hand) and a cousin delivered a ulogy for my lost youth. It was a family thing and the nieces & nephews who were old enough to understand attended and pretended to cry. It was great. I'm coming up empty so far for a similar idea for 4-0.

Just do your best to avoid people who have nothing better to do than hit you with, "It's all down hill..." etc. Sometimes the nicest people can't help but dump on others because of their own age issues. I usually just fire back, "Thanks so much...I wish nothing but the best for you too."

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

I'm not sure about this...you seem to ignore most of my pearls of advanced-age wisdom. :laugh:

So I think Dave is ready...he should go out and purchase the Gigi DVD. Its wise lessons in life are wasted (maybe even "waisted") on those under 40. I sent a copy to my nephew when he turned 40 earlier this year.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
OK, I can't be the only one who has wondered about the mystery of the right side of Dave's face. Exactly what lurks thither?

--
H

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
"40 is the new 30!" (Yeah right. Tell that to my knees in the morning...)"

And my back...and my shoulder...and my ankles...
Welcome to the club, Dave.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I don't believe that's Dave's right side! Not after all these years! I think he just flipped a pic (mirrored) to fool us all!

That's what twisted guys in their forties do!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well, Dennis, I didn't want to mention it here because I didn't want to scare Dave...but you and I both know that the whole "gaining wisdom with age" thing is only good for so long...and then starts to go in the other direction! :D

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

I love this! :emoji_thumbsup:

I would've gladly done something like this at 30.....but uh, not at 40.

Happy birthday Dave, and Quincy. :)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Happy birthday Dave! I beat you by a few months and am loving it! Life is good.

For those in their 20s wondering how their 30s will be....I can say "wonderful". For me...graduated from college at 22 and spent 22-29 building a career, saving money and trying to do the things "grown ups" do. From 30-40 I was able to start enjoying the fruits of my labors, I was (and still am) very happily married and having a good career has enabled us to do things we enjoy doing not to mention fund this sick home theater hobby of mine :D . Sure there has been sadness along the way with losing family members and the horrors of living through 9/11 and losing hundreds of co-workers in that awful event. That's life.

Maybe I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy but I enjoy each year more than the last and treasure all the blessings life has brought thus far. Even the times I curse my knees for not moving the way I want them to :)

I hope your day has been special Dave. Having a newborn to share it with undoubtedly makes it all the more so.

Steve

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
It's not all downhill from 40 by any means. You're just entering the phase where you start to wish you'd known at 25 what you now know at 40, and can capitalize on your accumulated life experiences.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Rent a casket and lie in it? :)

Just remember while you're lying in that thing that it was already used to store DEAD bodies! :D

As for the forties blues, I don't suffer from them too much mainly because my twenties were spent finding my place in society, my thirties were spent in a somewhat routine home and work lifestyle (no wife or kids though), and my forties are now being spent trying to launch a television station! The downhill turn hasn't happened to me yet.

Dave, say goodbye and good riddance to your thirties. You have a family now. That's a whole new adventure right there! The only time you should feel depressed about your life is the day WHEN you pick up the new mini-van at the dealership! :D

Happy birthday!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Or deny it all and buy a crossover or suv. So do you feel older today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks