What's new

Imagining and Soundstage reccomendations (1 Viewer)

Tommy_N

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for some new speakers. Presently I'm using Polk's all around and an Energy sub.

I'm looking at B&W, Paradigm, Def Tech, Klipsch.

I've only done casually listening but I'm happy with how they all sound. So I'm wondering speakers have the best soundstage and imaging. Total speaker budget is between $1,500 - $2,500 I'm open to any and all suggestions.

I understand that bookshelf speakers usually image better, but I'm looking for towers.

Thanks

Tom

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
the only speakers i've heard (and i'll admit i've really only heard the usual-Klipsch, Mirage, Polk, BA, Def Tech, B&W 604's, Paradigm, etc) that absolutely left me stunned were the Vienna Acoustic Mozarts.
they're $2500 for the two towers and they were at a whole nother level compared to all the others i mentioned.

i don't have enough of a frame of reference to judge mid-ranges, bass response, etc.
the things that i could easily tell about these were the soundstage and imaging qualities.

it was like the speakers, and the very walls of the room disappeared, thats how full the soundstage was.
an amazing experience that i still haven't been able to replicate in any of my other speaker listening excursions.
i had thought that $2500 was just a ridiculous amount of money for somebody in my position to consider spending on something like this, but when i compare them to everything else i've heard under $2000, it just seems a waste of money to go with any cheaper.
i may just have to save up for these after all.

would love to hear if the Haydens or Bachs also share these qualitites.

Tommy_N

Stunt Coordinator
Yes imaging. speling sppeling speeling spelling is not my forte.

Does anyone have any links on the Vienna Acoustic Mozarts

Thanks

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks