1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm torn....

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Scott Burgin, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Scott Burgin

Scott Burgin New Member

...between buying Onkyo's HT-S650 and Onkyo's HT-S760.
    Due to the layout of my room, I don't have a good way to hook up any third rear satellite - so I'm thinking I only need a 5.1 system really. I understand you can 'turn off' the third rear satellite on the 760.

However - for the money (only about $65 more) - I can buy the 760 instead of the 650. I've got to think there's other features/benefits to getting the 760 instead of the 650 - but maybe I'm just assuming too much. Better speakers ? Better receivers? Better inputs ?

Should I just save the cash and buy the 650 or are there compelling reasons to go up to the 760?

After reading here for awhile - I know this is the right place to ask. Thanks much.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Well-Known Member

John
    Are you sure about not being able to turn off the rear center? 100% of systems I've seen are capable of this.

How about the 767? Separate receiver and DVD player.

What's your price point?

3. Scott Burgin

Scott Burgin New Member

yes - I've read elsewhere that you can turn off the 3rd satellite on both models.

My price point is max $500.
    I've found that J&R has refurbed 760's for $400 (shipping included).

You can get refurbed 650's for alot less too.