What's new

I'm tired and wired....darn this HT hobby (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Lets go back a few days, shall we.
It's Wednesday. On my lunch break I find a A/V cabinet I like and want to get. After I get home from work, I grab my daughter and we haul off to go get it. I get home, put Elise to bed and begin assembly. After assembly of said cabinet, I then proceed to disconnect and remove all my components. It is now midnight, time for bed and the Green Room is a disaster.
It is now Thursday morning 5:45am, I'm up for work. I get home from work, wife goes off to work, I play around with Elise then put her to bed. Time to continue. I begin to reconstruct my disaster of a HT room. Had to go into the attic and re-route wiring, re-assemble all my components and wire everything back up. It is now 11:45pm, I'm done, but I've got a hallway and HT room full of tools and trash, a disaster, time to clean up. Get to bed just after 12:30am.
Today, Friday 5:45am, I'm up for work an damn tired. At lunch today it did not stop. I went to Best Buy to pick-up my new and first Progressive Scan Player the Panasonic RP56.
Right now. I'm at work reading the owners manuel and I am wired on coffee, due to a lack of sleep, now I am wired and tired.
Tonight a friend of mine is coming down from Las Vegas we are meeting at my favorite watering hole, Steelhead Brewery (beer
yum.gif
) then heading over to my place for a cigar smoke around my recently built front patio and gas fire pit.
After all this, I want to hook up my new player. Going to be another late night.
I love HT :) Right now my hands are typing faster than I can think thanks to Star Bucks.
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon
[Edited last by Ron-P on October 12, 2001 at 03:58 PM]

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
Man, that is what I LOVE about this hobby. The late nights doing complete re-wiring because you didnt like the way something looked. Sweating and getting overheated running back-n- forth. Having to run to the basement for a tool you forgot.
Yea, your tired, but you'd do it all again in a second wouldnt you? I know I would.
I LOVE THIS DAMN ADDICTION!!!!
Matt
------------------
....Eat, Drink, and Be Merry, For Tomorrow We Die....--DMB

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Hey ron,been a while...
I do most of my doings after the kids are in bed also.We just moved to an apartment so the only "hard" part this time was stuffing the speaker wires under the carpet.I do have my surrounds sitting on an old pair of floor standers and I much perfer them up higher so I need to grab some new wires,run them and find a way to conceal them going up the wall....another night time project...mabey tonight...
oops,I lied,there is another hard part...controlling the volume
frown.gif

------------------
My dvd collection
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...?alias=cisaacs

NathanP

Supporting Actor
You guys are SO right
biggrin.gif

Staying up too late, getting up too early, tweeking and fiddiling around, trying to get the best HT possible!
It's damn awesome!
Frig the movie theaters and megaplexes, embrace Home Theater!
Nathan
------------------
"Um, ER, uh, No, it's not a bedroom HT, I just love it so much, I sleep in it."
"Okay look, the St. Louis Rams rule, everyone else sucks, so sit down and shutup!"

JohanK

Second Unit
Ron, your week sounds like mine. I was up till 3AM a few nights ago building a HTPC and 2 AM the following night setting up/tweaking/demoing DVDs on the projector. Let us know how you like the Panny.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
I just got into this addiction, but damn it's fun. I love this hobby!........Wil
------------------
"The rose petal floats on water,
the kingfisher flashes above the pond.
Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

al'Lan Mandragoran,
*******The Wheel of Time

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
There is many a night when I get a new DVD and I just HAVE to watch it before I go to bed. I usually end up getting only 2 - 4 hours worth of sleep. I love this hobby...A LOT...mostly due to being able to stay up all night. Gotta steal find more disposable income to raise this hobby into a real monster, though!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I was once moving and specifically told my helpers to leave my HT shit alone...I'll handle it. I turned my back for 20 minutes and what did they do? Disconnect every piece of bloody wiring I had in place for all the components! Arrgghhh...I wanted to set their asses on fire.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
LOL,I just moved about 2 weeks ago.I told my buddies not to touch my ht gear and my fish tanks and such.Well,one of my buddies is sorta clumsey and I told him he was in charge of clothes and anything non breakable.
I had all the stuff outside waiting to be loaded.I had my sons baby bed in the back of the truck,nicley padded for the speakers.Another friend was in the truck,I said here,put theese in the back,handed him my old speakers(using them as rear stands right now) he said,oooh,theese are not as nice??I said,I bought theese used for $80.I then pointed to my current mains and said,theese are $650..I hear a big GULP.Of course he is using $25 speakers from a pawn shop.
Anyway,I get everything loaded where I want it,nicely wraped up.Get to the new place and start unloading.My dumbass friend that is clumsey goes and picks up one of the speakers I said NOT TO TOUCH.He did ding the cabinet up a bit but its no big deal.I finally told him to sit his ass down and I would finish by my self.
------------------
My dvd collection
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...?alias=cisaacs

Stephen L

Second Unit
Ok Ron , how is the Panny RP56 .I'm looking at this model myself and wonder how you like it.
------------------
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread