What's new

I'm on vacation and bump into an actor (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'm up at Mammoth Mountain, walking the halls of the main lodge and run across an actor, one of which I cannot identify. I didn't interrupt him as he was with his family but it's killing me that I cannot put a name to his face. I cannot think of any films he's been in, he's done more TV work then film and has been more of a supporting actor then lead.

What to do? Walk the isles at BB in hopes of seeing his face on a dvd cover?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Fret not, it will probably occur to you as you're standing half asleep in the bathroom taking a piss at 2:53AM on a Tuesday.

--
H

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Ron P at a Blockbuster.

"Hey do you have that movie with the guy that came out a few years ago"

Sorry ron cant help you but you can try IMDB

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
It might be easier to try and remember the name of a cp-star in one of this guy's movies or TV shows.

Semi-related, I've thought a good website would be one that has headshots of "famous" character actors that appear in hundreds (sometimes it seems like thousands) of movies and TV shows, like Strother Martin, L. Q. Jones, Don Stroud, Bruce Cabot, Luke Askew, Anthony Zerbe, etc., but I'm not sure of the legality of such a page.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Law and Order voice: "White, black, tall, short, thin, fat, beard, clean-shaven, hair color, bald, young, old? Can't you give us something to go on?"

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
If you have an opportunity, and a pen and piece of paper ready to go, how about asking, "May I have your autograph please?"
Just hope that:
1)He's agreeable.
2)It's legible.
3)He doesn't ask you which of his roles is your favorite.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Tall / big (no fat), short sandy-brown/blond'ish hair, deep voice, kinda of a chubby face, kinda plain looking as well.

Decked out in ski gear with my ski's/poles and my daughters in hands, I had no access to pen and paper. Even if I did I'd not bother him for an auto.

Sorry guys, this is more a venting thread then anything as everything about this guy escapes. Again, no major actor here.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
The only change I would make to that site is when you load the page it shows all the actor's faces and when you click on it, then you get the bio. Character actors are known more for their faces than their names. Often I'll be reading a blurb to see if I want to watch an old movie and not recognize the names, but when I watch it I'll recognize just about everyone in it.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Close but no cigar Tom. Not even close there Alf.

I've just about given up hope on putting a name to this guys face. Until I see a film or TV show with him in it, it's hopeless.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

How recently did this happen? Any chance you can call the place, tell someone at the front desk when you were there and ask if they know who the guy was? I worked part time at different hotels in Maryland and New York when I was in college, and we had the odd political (mostly Maryland/D.C.) or show biz (mostly New York) celebrity guests. I usually knew who even the minor ones were, and I often had other guests stop by the desk and ask if the short/tall/thin/fat guy or gal was somebody famous, and if so, who?

Regards,

Joe

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I've got a company Nextel, it sucks, but it's free.

It all took place on Wednesday, March 9th, of this year. But, considering the traffic that goes through that mountain I highly doubt I'd be able to get any type of decent info.

Someday I'll see his face and BAM!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks