What's new

I'm finally WIDESCREENED!!!! but.....?? (1 Viewer)

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Well guys I finally took the plunge to go widescreen..I know I am a little late in the game, but my Hitachi 53SDX was doing a decent job at playing DVD's and HDTV signal...but she was getting a little dated with the LB 4:3 and all.

Over the holiday weekend, I was at "FRY's" and found a brand new Mitsubishi WD-62627 for less than 2K and the matching stand for 199.00, free local delivery and 4 year warranty and it came to about $2600 out the door...

First Impression-

This thing is HUGE...

Picture quality is definitely better than my Old Hitachi , but it I'm finding it hard to get used to specially when there is a panning scene..

When the characters are in the center and the camera moves left/right, the TV looks like its in a fishbowl...the side looks like it stretches the images out.

Is this NORMAL???

Another thing that is of concern to me is the Audible FAN noise AFTER I turn the thing off....I could hear and see something Behind the TV...I think it's the BULB Fan cooling off before it turns itself off completely.

On certain DARK Scenes, the TV seems to flicker and get darker and in brighter scenes right after a dark scene, it's the opposite..It flickers and get's brighter.

Maybe this thing needs calibration or settings for it needs to be fixed...but so far movies/shows on HDTV look amazing.. the Upconversion im sure helps.

DVD's looks awesome as well.....I just need to get used to or find solutions for the quirks I have mentioned above.

Thanks
Angelo

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Angelo, make sure you change your dvd setup menu to label your monitor 16x9 instead of 4:3....

Have fun re-discovering your movie library. Get the popcorn out...and use sick days wisely. ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
sure he doesnt have the setting on stretch instaed of normal or full depending on the tv.

angelo read the manual that came with the tv.

sounds exactly like what tnthd does to 4x3 material.
normal in the middle and gradual stretch on the sides.
i think the mits does this.

see if the remote has a picture mode button.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks