What's new

I'm FINALLY getting an iPhone (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

It took me about two years to really feel comfortable with my iPhone.

I always disliked it because I felt that its poorest feature was the
phone itself.

However, the "apps" have become a real focal point for me not
to mention the fact that it feels like I have a portable Mac in my
pocket.

Come this Summer, with update 3.0, this device is really going
to rock!

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
And I've ran into my first problem.

I installed the AT&T app that lets you check your minutes and data use yesterday. After the install was complete I checked my data useage and noticed that SMS and network use were in the red. Turns out even though I signed up for the $30 unlimited data plan as well as messaging they're not showing up on my plan. So I'm going to be stuck paying .20 a message as well as for the network use. Needless to say I'm not happy.

If AT&T can't fix this then I think I'm going to be going back to Verizon.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
we had the same problem last time we added a phone to our account.
the receipt was clear and showed we signed up for the unlimited so att gave us a credit for anything that was wrong on the bill.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
The problem is going to be finding my receipt. I did everything online and remember printing out a copy but now I can't seem to find it. Just my luck.

Edit: I'm on the phone with AT&T as we speak. Hopefully we can get this straight.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
My wife left my iPhone on an end table and walked out of the room. My 20 month old son managed to get his hands on it and decided to see if it would bounce. The end result is he shattered the glass. :frowning:

Apple wants to charge $200 to replace the glass. Needless to say I'm not happy with the wife at the moment.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Todd,

Ooof!!
Sorry to hear that!

If it makes you feel any better, in all likelihood you'll probably be getting a brand new iPhone for your $200.00.

BTW, I *never* let my iPhone out of my sight. Not even for a second ...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That is frustrating.
My 3g iphone the second one i bought after having the original for 13 months stopped working in just 3 weeks.
I bought it at Best buy and was able to return it for another one.
They offer a service plan that covers just about anything for 15 bucks a month.

I also use this cover to protect the iphone.
i have dropped it and banged it way too many time and this
case seems to have protected it from anything i try to do to it.
Welcome to SwitchEasy

Plus it looks really good in this case.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Best device ever. Third "smartphone" or "PPC" I've owned. The iPhone is in a class by itself compared to the others. No two ways about it.

Hope you can get your glass fixed! That sucks!

Be sure to grab Shazam! One of the most useful apps I've found. :D (Of course, it made me add more music to the darn machine...lol)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I think you could still make this claim although it's gotten better. I think the newest phone coming out in the fall will fix alot of the missing features. Also the Ipod and vid implementation could be better, as noted above the battery life, they could fix both if they implemented an AMOLED screen

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Well, I'm back in business. I took it to the Apple Store (which was a three hour drive) and got it replaced. Gotta remember to keep this one out of my little one's reach.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Edit: NM I thought this was the thread we tried to convince someone to wait a couple weeks back, didnt mean to rub the new hotness in on ya!

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Well, a few months in and I'm loving the iPhone even more. I finally got around to jailbreaking it and am impressed with many of the apps I can now download in addition to the licensed ones in the app store. So far my favorites are Cycorder and iBlacklist. Any other jailbreak app suggestions/recommendations?

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I tried out some of the emulators but the touch screen didn't work all that well for control. That's the one negative I have about the iPhone. Games that require some type of joystick/joypad don't work well at all, especially arcade type games that rely on quick movement and multiple button presses.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks