What's new

I'm Dickens, He's Fenster Volume 2 (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I think it would've sold more/better had it been the Complete Series rather than a V1 release. I got the impression they were "testing the waters" and would only do the second half if the first sold well enough. Of course they've had that "Coming soon" on their site since V1 went on sale. I contacted them over two years ago asking where V2 was and never got a answer. In spite of what they said on their FB page (almost 2 years ago) I seriously doubt we'll ever see V2.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I thought I remembered they originally planned to release the whole season. At some point, they announced the First Season, Volume 1. They initially sold a higher priced version with the autographed photo, which is the one I purchased.

I have always wondered if the restoration work was completed for the whole series, even though the first half season was all that was released. If the second half has had some or all of the restoration work completed, maybe someone else could pick up the remainder of the series. I realize the chance of all of this coming about is about zero, but it is hard to give up completely on something you would like to see happen.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Wasn't this show syndicated at one point sometime in the last 40 years?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I still found the Volume 1 release odd in how to see an episode with a commentary track they would put the same episode on a separate disc which struck me as a waste of space designed to justify a two volume release.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I believe they stated there were plans for a Volume 2. Then everything just faded away.

The first volume had one disc dedicated to bonus material. It is strange to get something like that and then they don't even finish releasing the rest of the season. Another two discs and the release would have been complete, with the one disc for the bonus material.

It looks like there was extra expense put into the packaging, too. It seems like they went all out for the first volume and quickly lost interest after it was released. Too bad, because we were close to getting a complete release of an obscure 60s tv show. (At least it was obscure to me).

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
My guess is that if, and it's a big if, another company were to pick this up they would do a complete series release and force all of us to buy that first half of the season again.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Professor Echo said:
My guess is that if, and it's a big if, another company were to pick this up they would do a complete series release and force all of us to buy that first half of the season again.

I agree - I doubt anybody would bother with just the half season.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Professor Echo said:
That's what TMG/Shout has done with The Big Valley's season 2. If I want that particular season set, I have the S1/V1 set from FOX, so I'd have to buy the first half of the season again myself!

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
oldtvshowbuff said:
That's what TMG/Shout has done with The Big Valley's season 2. If I want that particular season set, I have the S1/V1 set from FOX, so I'd have to buy the first half of the season again myself!

I had never bought that half season of THE BIG VALLEY, so I didn't have to double dip. But if it's any consolation, the quality of the transfers on the Fox half season set are supposed to be superior to the ones on Timeless.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
The reason why they only released the first half is because it was a small company with limited resources. So they restored half of the episodes put them for sale and hoped for the best . The fact that the first set was quickly being sold on Amazon at a very low price showed that sales were very weak. I don't think we'll ever get the rest of this series . Who would put it out knowing the first release didn't sell? It's a shame . Very funny show .

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
With the recent interest in the My Living Doll thread, I was thinking about this unfinished DVD set. Does anyone have any new rumors? Anyone discover the show for the first time and want to see more? I pulled my set out again, and I like it more now than when I first bought it. Would like to see the rest.
vlcsnap-2018-05-02-20h53m26s864.png

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally they were going to release the whole season (series), then they announced a volume 1 release. I was concerned something like this would happen, that we'd end up with a partial release.

More obscure shows like this one need to be released in one complete series set. Too much can happen to derail future plans for further releases, which is what has happened here.

I liked the show, though, and would gladly buy a volume 2 release to finish it out.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Unlike Neil I'm not waiting for pigs to fly -- this needs to see the light of day before john astin exits stage left!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Another series which suffered the same fate was Craig Kennedy, Criminologist. Why any entity would think splitting up a one season show is a good idea, I'll never understand. End result is that we'll never see the remaining episodes of either series.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Ain't that the truth!?! People who may have purchased the full series won't since it's only half. They're still waiting for the 2nd half to drop before they'll take the plunge. To many others it smacks of attempts to maximize profits by overcharging for the two halves to they, too, are waiting for the 2nd half to see how much they'll be gouged. This type of release is only a small step up from those insulting "Samplers" of some series in the early days of DVD which were released for no reason other than to test the waters.

I purchased the first half - grudgingly. I paid $16 for that half-season and thought it a quire reasonable price. I'd gladly add the 2nd half for that price. That first half-season is currently selling for $30 on Amazon. That's OK for a full season of a half-hour show but not a half season. If the guys who did the release are truly waiting for "better sales of the product" before continuing then that price is doing nothing but hurting prospects.

I never expect to see more from the original releasing company. I have greater hope that someone like Shout will do a "one and done" release but also think it'll be a cold day before that happens.

jayME61

Auditioning
Real Name
james valenti
Well, I guess interest for the release of Volume 2 isn't really high, Volume 1 came 14 months ago. Maybe someone from the company that released Volume 1 might give us some details
I too am still waiting for Volume 2. I enjoyed Volume immensely !!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I too am still waiting for Volume 2. I enjoyed Volume immensely !!
Welcome to HTF James!! Look at me, here only couple days over a month and I'm welcoming new members. ;)
I'm pretty sure I'm Dickens, He's Fenster was run on AntennaTV a few years ago. Of course they were all cut. I'm seeing Season One is available for streaming at Amazon. And also a website devoted to the series too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks